Sun shy Sky

JAH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Grundig digi box
My Location
France
Hello - yet another new boy on your site.
I'm in SW France with a Grundig Sky Box which looses all BBC programs (exept News 24), all ITV programs and Channel 5 as soon as the sun comes out. Channel 4, Sky3 and most News channels are usually available.
Have tried a friend's Panasonic Box with the same results as soon as the sun shines - no satellite signal is being received.
The systems setup shows approx 85% signal strength and 65% signal quality.
There are no trees or other obstructions to block our reception.
The arial installer and half of France appear to be baffled by my problem - is anyone out there that can offer a better suggestion than a pair of sun glasses for the dish?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome

The BBc & ITv broadcasts are on the weaker spot beam and would suggest signal drop out but five is on 2C. Channel 4 and $ky Three are on North beams easily received with smaller dish, possible reason you can still see them. What has your installer done about looking into it, has he taken signal measurements, and also has he changed anything like the LNb out of interest?

The signal / quality readings on the box are only showing you the default North beam transponder:D

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
JAH said:
H
The arial installer and half of France appear to be baffled by my problem - is anyone out there that can offer a better suggestion than a pair of sun glasses for the dish?

Most of your missing channels are on Astra 2D, which will need a larger dish in the South West of France compared to the North and central. BBC News (News 24) is on Astra 2A and very easy to get over most of Europe, that's why you can get that OK. Not sure why you are not getting Ch5 though, you should be.

What size dish do you have?

I suspect it is too small, misaligned or your LNB is poorly.

Robbo:)

JAH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Grundig digi box
My Location
France
Thanks for the info - will go back to arial man with your info and try a larger dish