Sun TV ordered to provide signals to TataSky

rohit0103

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky- Thomson STB
My Location
Pune india
http://www.business-standard.com/common/storypage_c_online.php?leftnm=11&bKeyFlag=IN&autono=21565

In a setback to Sun TV, the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) today directed the Kalanidhi Maran-owned broadcaster to provide signals to direct to home (DTH) operator TataSky.

In an interim order, the broadcast regulator asked Sun TV, which plans to launch its own DTH service shortly, to provide its 20 channels on a-la-carte (pick and choose) basis to TataSky.

"We direct the respondent (Sun TV) to make available signals of all channels to the petitioner (TataSky) on a-al-carte basis at 50% of its declared rates," TDSAT Chairman Justice Arun Kumar said in the interim order.

The tribunal rejected Sun TV's contention it was offering all its channels under a single package for DTH operators.

"We are unable to accept the contention of the respondent that the petitioner has to accept all the channels as a package.

"The respondent has not placed any material before us nor anything was referred to in support of the stand that it was offering its channels only as a bouquet/package to its customers," the tribunal said.

Further, Kumar rejected Sun TV's argument that it was providing channels to TataSky's rival Zee Group promoted DTH platform Dish TV on the same packages.

Sun TV had demanded Rs 85 for all its 20 channels from TataSky and said it would be discriminatory to Zee if it gave signals to TataSky at a lower price.

TataSky had opposed this argument, saying the agreement between Sun TV and Zee appeared to be a sham as even after four months of the pact, Dish TV was showing only one or two channels of Sun TV.

rohit0103

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky- Thomson STB
My Location
Pune india
Sun TV asked to give signals to TataSky in 3 days

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News_By_Industry/Media__Entertainment__Art/Entertainment/Sun_TV_asked_to_give_signals_to_TataSky_in_3_days/articleshow/1853367.cms

NEW DELHI: Irked by Sun TV’s resistance to its interim order of giving signals to DTH operator TataSky, broadcast tribunal TDSAT on Tuesday asked the Kalanidhi Maran-owned channel to comply with its directions within three days.

The Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal, headed by Justice Arun Kumar, took a serious note of Sun TV’s non-compliance of its interim order of March 19 and said that Sun TV was acting unfairly in this matter.

On March 19, the tribunal had directed Sun TV to give its signals to TataSky on a-la-carte (pick and choose) basis. However, Sun TV filed a review application before the tribunal contending it had no channels on a-la-carte basis and only has a bouquet of 20 channels.

On this, TDSAT said Sun TV had earlier accepted it gave channels on a-la-carte basis and did not have a bouquet. “You cannot impose them (TataSky) to take your each and every channel... I am of impression that you are just taking round about to confuse us,” Mr Kumar said.

During proceedings, Sun TV asked the tribunal to direct TataSky to take its 20 channels at Rs 85 and submitted that the extra amount would be adjusted if the case went in the favour of the DTH operator.

But the tribunal said: “Its not fair... you want TataSky to pay for all channels... You cannot add condition in an interim order”.

“Spirit of the interim order is to give channels on an a-la-carte basis,” the TDSAT bench said.

rohit0103

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky- Thomson STB
My Location
Pune india
Sun TV obtains stay in TataSky case
http://www.business-standard.com/common/storypage.php?autono=280584&leftnm=1&subLeft=0&chkFlg=

The Sun TV group has obtained an interim stay over its writ appeal filed before the Madras High Court bench, challenging the Telecom Disputes Settlement Appellate Tribunal’s (TDSAT) directive to provide Sun TV’s channels to Tata Sky, provider of direct-to-home (DTH) TV services.

Last week, the TDSAT had directed the Kalanidhi Maran-owned Sun TV channel to give signals to TataSky within three days. This came after Sun failed to comply with the tribunal’s interim order of March 19 directing it to give its signals to Tata Sky.

The tribunal had also directed Sun TV to give signals to TataSky on a-la-carte (pick and choose) basis. However, on April 5, Sun TV filed a writ petition challenging the order of the TDSAT in the Madras High Court. The court, subsequently, granted an interim stay.

rohit0103

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky- Thomson STB
My Location
Pune india
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/SC_refuses_interim_relief_to_TataSky/articleshowcnews/1906684.cms

SC refuses interim relief to TataSky

PTI[ FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2007 03:10:30 PM]

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday refused to give interim relief to DTH operator TataSky which has challenged the stay granted by Madras High Court in a case pertaining to sharing of signals by broadcaster Sun TV.

A bench comprising Justice B N Agarwal and Justice P P Noalekar declined any interim relief to TataSky and posted the matter for hearing on April 27.

TataSky had approached the apex court following Madras High Court's decision early this month to stay broadcast tribunal TDSAT's order asking Sun TV to provide signals to the DTH operator on a pick and choose basis.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
pilot2 said:
does anyone knows if the tatasky viewing card will work with dreambox 7020?
No, bro cant be possible. If you get any positive answer let us know.