FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
80CM FIXED SINGLE LNB DISH
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
i recently subscribed to sun tv on 11996.00MHz, pol.V FEC:3/4 SR:27500: SID:623 ( PID:4301[MPEG-4]/4311 Tamil - Irdeto 2).). They sent me an STB (with their logo) and an iredeto card. This works well.
however when i try to put the card in matrix reloaded cam in fortec star passion + , nothing happens. it says scrambled programme. the cam shows iredeto cam inserted message. Why is this? Do i need to update my matrix cam as i haven't updated it for over 1 year. Please help...

BTW does Matrix cam support MPEG4?

coucou

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox500s
My Location
france
1not use in original box you maste 1use irdeto cam for activde you card
is this MPEG4

chutty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX
My Location
Norway
try cccam with box id...

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
i was wondering if the official viewing card would work with an MPEG4 Irdeto cam in fortec star? I am keen as i need to use the PVR function. Thanks in advance.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Matrix reloaded is years old. Id be surprised if it supported newer cards and encryptions.

Anojan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD Box
Sky+ Box
SunTV package and one of their boxes
My Location
London
Hi guys im new here.... tried to look for s members introduction section but could not find any... anyway i have a similar question here so didnt seem necessary to pen a new thread for this so sorry for the thread hijack... but my question is

I have a suntv subscription package and they also set me their receiver box...( the latest one i guess ) anyway i was wondering if it was possible to use something else so i can record programmes form suntv like a pvr? ive also ordered btvision+ aswell... what receiver would i need to be able to watch all of the suntv subscriptions i have and record the shows ? obviously ones which can let me use the viewing car..thanx guys for your help much appreciated

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
welcome anojan..
i suppose you can record the programmes using a MPEG4 RECEIVER with PVR function like the Fortec star passion HD. However I am not 100% sure if the viewing card would work with an Irdeto MPEG4 cam. It costs about £60 in Ebay. I contacted sellers and they confirm that it works. I called sun tv and they are adamant that it won't work...doesn't make any sense. I am not sure the guy who answering has ever heard about an MPEG4 cam! So if you want to gamble dish out £60. I suppose it would work, because sun tv is selling just the official cards without the receiver. Anologuesat Could you help me with your expert comments please?

Anojan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD Box
Sky+ Box
My Location
London
^^ thanx for your reply.... to be honest i have never used a satellite receive like these before ( tone ones who use hotbird etc ) ive only been using sky and thats it lol..... im mainly on hd films etc but id like to get a pvr so my mum could enjoy watching those channels with more flexibility... and she can record her shows

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Not directly no - I dont have access to a sun tv card and the only mpeg 4 box I have is fta only.

However I will say these things

1 I would guess that with a suitable cam it would work Now I have no idea if a standard Irdeto cam will do or if you need an mpeg 4 cam

2 You are wasting your time with the MR cam

3 Dont expect much help from Sun - providers want you watching on their own boxes and many of them dont approve of using cards in other receivers

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
thank you Analoguesat. It is transmitted in MPEG4. It was previously transmitted in MPEG2, but they wanted to cram in 6 channels in the package...so progressed to MPEG4 compression. Have to save up £60..

Anojan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD Box
Sky+ Box
My Location
London
thanx guys for the rpely... ok im a complete noob when it comes to satellites and receivers so what are cams? so am i right in saying that if i buy a reciever like this one wich i have my eye on _www.dreambox.org.uk/dreambox-600pvr.html] its a dreambox 600pvr... the viewing card would just slot into it and it will work?

Unparsed URL - [Admin]

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
no your dreambox wont work as it is only an MPEG2 receiver. You need an MPEG4 receiver with CAM slots. Then you have to get the IRDETO MPEG4 Cam.

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
I bought an mpeg4 irdeto cam, put the card in (kappa), but no result...it still says scambled programme:confused:confused:confused..please help
Also the cam is not reading the card, when it is in fortecstar. however the humax is reading it well, but since it is old and mpeg2 there is no use. any use in updating fortec?

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
just to update..i updated the box to latest firmware. It is reading the card now....same info when the manufacturer's box reads it...but still says scrambled :-(

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
i was wondering if the smart card is married to the decoder.....is it possible with Irdeto?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Quite possible - see if theres a way to enter a boxkey into the cam

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
thanks...the STB is not letting me do any thing. Also the fortecstar is tempermental in reading the contents of the CAM. I have to take it out and reinsert to read it, whereas the old humax reads it smoothly. is there a loader for pc to edit the cam?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sorry havent got the faintest idea. You are trying to do something most folk wont ever do so its a case of trying various things and hoping you get lucky

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
Just to update. I bought a Humax foxsat HDR from the local currys and tried the same excercise. Still no success. The cam and card are smoothly read, but still says scrambled. So it looks like the card is married to the stupid STB...Why the heck they do this...i have no idea. Anyway took the humax back and got the refund :-)

so could some on suggest a satellite package in Irdeto which comes thru astra 28.5 or eurobird 9 please? so that i can make use of the cam.