Sun's elevation

T

thedavid

I am thinking of moving my dish round the back of my house. Am I right in thinking that I can use software to calculate the sun's elevation at a particular time in the morning that corresponds to the satellite's elevation (ie: 28.2) for my location and if the sun is shining on my dish at that time, then my dish can see the satellite clearly?

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
For us in the UK, the arc of the sun passed behind the arc of the satellites at the end of Feb/beginning of March.
The arc of the sun is now above the arc of the satellites.
The earth rotates at 15degrees per hour, sun is at it's zenith at noon (1pmBST) at zero longitude.
28east is approx just after 11am (BST)
Parky

T

thedavid

Park Royal said:
For us in the UK, the arc of the sun passed behind the arc of the satellites at the end of Feb/beginning of March.
The arc of the sun is now above the arc of the satellites.
The earth rotates at 15degrees per hour, sun is at it's zenith at noon (1pmBST) at zero longitude.
28east is approx just after 11am (BST)
Parky

Thanks, I probably won't be able to get a signal if the sun's arc is higher than the satellites now. Saved me a lot of pole digging and aligning.