Sven-Goran Eriksson QUITS!!!

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
i did say in another post a few days ago, that i wanted an Enlish manager too. (i think it was the POLL)

anyway, after giving it some thought...ive made a decision.

English Managers are crap!

The English League championship was last won by an Englishman in 1992
Howard Wilkinson and his Leeds United side,
so that means the premiership has never been won by an English manager!!

20 to 30 years ago we had many good managers, but now top clubs look elsewere for success...usually the continent. so its hardly suprising the national team are doing the same now is it.

League won since 1970
10 English managers
22 Scottish Managers
3 French
1 Portugues (soon 2)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
BGonaSTICK said:
Big Phil Scolari.

Well, I like to be different.

In reality, we all know that the next contract is already signed and sealed :-doh!

I'm sure Sam will do a good job and at least he has a full four years to plan for the next WC. :cool:

LOL. Well I might have got the SA thing wrong (we'll see...) but I did pull Big Phil out of the hat well before anyone else ever dreamt it! :-rofl2

The funny thing is...

...I was taking the ****!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This is not a done deal yet and a couple of months of being hounded by the imbeciles of the British press, could well turn him off the idea. :)

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
Rolfw said:
This is not a done deal yet and a couple of months of being hounded by the imbeciles of the British press, could well turn him off the idea. :)

do you know, thats exacly what i said to my dad today.... only the phrase i used was slightly different

"if its dragged out like bloody Manchester United do in the tranfer market he might change his mind!!"

similar though lol

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Oh I agree totally, that's why I said "We'll see" :D

When The Sun have finshed with him, he'll be glad to be getting on the plane home.

Not like The Sun though to pull a sh!t stunt on the England manager just before the World Cup though, to be fair :rolleyes:

workshoppete

Here Now And Again
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre motorised dish ,Technomate V-box, Spiderbox 7000HD box, Windows0n desktop and laptop,. and couldnt live without Promax Prodig 5 TV Explorer.. Oh , and now ipad - so much easier and convenient
My Location
North Midlands
Seeing as we now have come to accept foreign managers running our national team (and league teams) why stop at that ! Maybe we could get a few foreign players in theEngland team to improve our chances. I mean really, what is the point of being called England if you have to rely on bought in outsiders to bolster your chances. It totally defeats the ethos of the game .(ie US against THEM ). Lets hope sense prevails and we end up with a English manager.

:( :( :(

Rav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 90cm/55cm, Inverto Black Pro/White Tech, Moteck SG-2100A, Dreamboxes DM7020/DM600/DM800HD
My Location
Zürich/London
AlexBellisBrown said:
Scolari has a great record. But he isnt english!:(
Reminds me of Ian Wright's comments about him rather England being in the football wilderness, than winning the world cup with a foreign manager. :rolleyes:

Big Phil's a Forest fan by the way. :-doh!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Rav said:
Reminds me of Ian Wright's comments about him rather England being in the football wilderness, than winning the world cup with a foreign manager. Big Phil's a Forest fan by the way.

Ian Wright is an idiot...:-doh!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Scolari has withdrawn according to SKY News

Who now now let's speculate..... Big Sam back on again? O-Ha

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I rest my case, the man could foresee that his life would be ripped apart by the idiots in the UK media and has acted accordingly.

Listening to Sky news at the moment and the presenter talks about the media as a third party, "is it really the media pressure, have they driven him away." :-lmao

The media are now trying to control the news, when they are actually supposed to report it, they want decisions before they are made and hound managers, players and clubs to a ridiculous degrees, killing off press conferences with repeated one track questions. I despair of them.

For a top flight manager in international football, the England job has to be the poison chalice and not worth doing at almost any salary.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I'll do it Rolf but I know naff all about football, perhaps that would be the secret weapon.
Yes I have to agree entirely, the media are now trying to create and engineer the news to give the result that they want.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
ok i know Sven didnt help himself, but the press did pull him apart.... and many managers before him.

the power the press have is enormous, if they dicide a manager isnt good enough, then soon the british public think hes not good enough!!

i was just warming to the idea of Scolari being the Manager... but lets be honest if he took the job then...His wife and family would be in the newspapers, his holidays would be photographed and included, his s_x life
what car her drives...etc etc

i dont blame him really

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
bronking said:
after all these week's speculating, i would of thought they would announce who will be not who's been offered, because if he turns it down we are the one's who look dipsticks again.

what did i tell ya:-doh!