Sven-Goran Eriksson QUITS!!!

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Sven-Goran Eriksson will leave his post as England coach after this summer's World Cup finals.

what do we think?

do you think hes still the best man for the job?? who would you like to see at the helm?

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
whoever it is needs to be english.stuart pearce would make a good candidate or even trevor brooking.he can certainly talk a good game.with john motsons knowledge,they would make a pretty good team.England need an english management team.otherwise we'll win **** all!!!

TWAG

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
We didn't win very much with the past English managers, well not for 40 years and Pearce has pretty much counted himself out as being ludicrously inexperienced.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Jose Mourinho... I know people will be in uproar at the suggestion of another foreign manager, but what more could you want from a manager? He is proven without a shadow of a doubt, and I'd even consider letting him continue at Chelsea, while the coaching team can monitor players at different games (which is no more then what happens now, although people wont admit it).

Also, his a family man, so no funny stuff, and the papers love him (though they wont admit it).

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
I Think I would also do a good job, Thanks Salty.

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
all i can say is i hope when souness goes they dont offer it to sven,,as if we aint playin negative borin enough football,,id be ready for sucicide if he took over its bad enough having to watch his england team....lol:-rofl2

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
So, if I understand this - he's going because he told the truth?

Or was I just that he told it to a reporter?

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
How many of us would last 5 minutes in our jobs if we told the truth? You have to be diplomatic

That's the good thing about this forum. I can safely say as Arsenal manager that I think the team is crap and the chairman is a complete tosser without anyone knowing who I am

Edit: DOH!!!!

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
dose it matter what nationality the manager is or how many affairs he has at least sven has the bollocks to fook them all lets just hope he wipes the smile of the presses and fa's face by bringing the cup back where it belongs

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Huge great Dish in Cyprus
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
I think there is only one man for the job. Joe Royle

the reasons?

a) He is English
:cool: The two most successful England managers of all time came directly from Ipswich Town (Alf Ramsey & Bobbby Robson)
c) He is 100%
d) He is a great manager

only problem is he has said that Ipswich will be his last managerial position

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
rikksow said:
I think there is only one man for the job. Joe Royle

the reasons?

a) He is English
:cool: The two most successful England managers of all time came directly from Ipswich Town (Alf Ramsey & Bobbby Robson)
c) He is 100%
d) He is a great manager

only problem is he has said that Ipswich will be his last managerial position

Joe Royle :-rofl2 :-rofl2 :-rofl2 I like Ipswich, been a couple of times, but Royle is NOT international pedigree, and neither is Curbishley. For me there are only four real contenders - Big Sam, Jose, Steve McClaren (:-doh! ), and Fabio Capello. Mind you, why not get Sersi Comsi (Udinese), that guys over-emotional!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Big Phil Scolari.

Well, I like to be different.

In reality, we all know that the next contract is already signed and sealed :-doh!

I'm sure Sam will do a good job and at least he has a full four years to plan for the next WC. :cool:

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
I think the big shame is that he is staying till after the World Cup, he should have go now and give us a chance of winning the cup.
We would be better off with Mr Blobby running the side than Eriksson.

Or how about swopping Eriksson with Jose Mourinho which would give England an excellent chance in the finals, and at the same time make the Premiership title race more even. :-rofl2

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Sam alladyce is a great bolton manager, he´s been with us for years and has dragged us up out of division 1 to 7th in the premiership. I myself do not want him to leave the club, but i would be proud that bolton produced the next england manager. If he wants to take the job he can. Anyway, hes still with a team i support!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
BGonaSTICK said:
Big Phil Scolari.

I see Big Phil now being mentioned in a few papers!!! LOL

Rob said:
Or how about swopping Eriksson with Jose Mourinho which would give England an excellent chance in the finals, and at the same time make the Premiership title race more even. :-rofl2

I think you'd have to swap Blobby for our 50 best players before that happened!

:-lmao

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
so it looks like Brazilian Luiz Felipe Scolari is going to be the new England manger...

source BBC

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Bit of a surprise, considering what Scolari has said about not accepting any job before the World Cup. Who knows, he may say no!

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
after all these week's speculating, i would of thought they would announce who will be not who's been offered, because if he turns it down we are the one's who look dipsticks again.

btw i still would of liked a home grown manager:(

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Scolari has a great record. But he isnt english!:(

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I seriously thing that the lack of European football is the problem with the 3 Englishmen who are considered for the job.

I personally feel that with this crop of players, the world cup and afterwards the European title are for the taking, I rather not waste it for an inexperienced (but English) manager blowing it. I think I would feel much better winning something with whoever than getting to the semi final and proudly losing with an English manager.

It is a well known fact that european style is different to english premier league, and the one season big Sam did in the UEFA cup does not count...
Look how long it took Arse Whinger to understand european football...If there was another Terry Venables or Bobby Robson, then ok, but what we have here are more like Graham Taylor, good guys but not good enough for the job I am afraid.

So, with Solary you have a manager who is even better equipped than Erikson, after all he won it once + he got Portugal to the finals of the EU championship...