Sven, still being paid £6,745 per day

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
As Michae Caine once said (or didn't as the case might be!): "Not a lot of people know that!"

Yes, it's true, chums. Sven is still being paid £6,745 per day until his England Manager contract officially runs out in June, 2007.

And he doesn't have to lift a finger. Well, that's wrong. He does have to lift a finger to withdraw his money from the hole in the wall. :D

Your thoughts, please. :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not much we can do about it now, as it is a contract, I bet that the new guy will not have been offered such an attractive severance deal though. :)

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
He needs it, girls aren´t that cheap nowdays:)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
When Sven told the FA he still wanted to be paid 2 years after he left his job, someone with sense should have told him to bog off.

Just my opinion, you understand. :D

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Good on the bloke, i mean if it was me id do the same..

I didnt agree with his sacking as i think he was a brilliant manager (better than the crap we have now). look at his wins record. maclaren has beat that with losses already.

**** maclaren. bring back sven :)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Nice little earner, most of us can only dream on...:-worship :-rofl2

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I'd be happy with an additional 6,6 squid a day...
But a contract is a contract, and they should not have given him that much in case of redundancy. After all, it is not as if he is poor or as if he could not find a new job afterwards. Managing England is top job for anyone, they should be happy to be given this opportunity and agree to get sacked without compensation.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
It reminds me when the BBC signed Davina McCall for £1 million. They gave her a chat show which ran to two programmes. Should have been a 13-week run.

Despite the show being axed and Davina sat at home, the BBC still had to pay her the money. I suppose that's right in a way, because they wanted her to present a c**p chat show. They're responsible. They should cough up. :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Do you really think that managing england is a top job T_G, I gree it is a well paid job, but as far as I can see, it's a poison chalice. Anyone taking it would need their heads testing. :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
rolfw said:
Do you really think that managing england is a top job T_G, I gree it is a well paid job, but as far as I can see, it's a poison chalice. Anyone taking it would need their heads testing. :)

Yeah, it is similar to managing spai, Italy , Argentina, Brazil etc, you loose 2 games and you get the sack. But the thing is this: You get paid a shitload of dosh, and if you do a half decent job you are virtually guaranteed another job at a premiership club. It means you become one of the best known people in the world (of football), you will get years and years of media work etc. Look, even old Graham Taylor was managing Watford and Villa and now he is busy on TV. SO, returning to the original point: Usually this job shoud be one where if you get sacked, you say thanks and go to the next thing. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, I think it's a lot worse than managing some of those countries, yes they will give their managers grief if they don't perform, but the level of press intrusion into the non-football side of the England manager's life is ridiculous. I also find the level of abuse meted out by the press is unprofessional and when the manager on the odd occasion reacts to it by denying an interview, they accuse him of throwing a hissy fit. I wonder how many of them would put up with that level of intrusion and abuse.

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
Well Scolari wouldn't, that's quite probably the main reason why he's not ahead of the roses team now...

NitroB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1500Ci+ Super - 1.5m Centre feed - 0.3dB Lnb
My Location
East Anglia
I would boot out Aunt Sally and give the job back to Sven... (make him work for his 6k a day...)

Whatever you think of Sven at least his teams played.. Aunt Sally has the motivational quality of a three month old flannel.

Sven's record was very good, they always qualified and they always lost on penalties in the knockout stages.

I really don't think many of the last World Cup decisions were totally his. (the kid, defoe etc) the seemed more like Aunt Sally decisions. (afterall who sat on the bench and who was up shouting out the orders ? (Worzels mufty that who..)

Sven is a diamond compared to old red chops.. (afterall ugly as sin and he did Faria Alam, Nancy and Stans punchbag) :-rofl2

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
An interesting thought. Since this thread was first posted two days ago, Sven has picked up the average yearly wage for a working man. Staggeringly insane.

NitroB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1500Ci+ Super - 1.5m Centre feed - 0.3dB Lnb
My Location
East Anglia
Saturlight said:
An interesting thought. Since this thread was first posted two days ago, Sven has picked up the average yearly wage for a working man. Staggeringly insane.

Very true... Some jobs demand hard physical labour for 40 hours a week and 48 weeks of the year for the same a 2 days of Sven... :eek:
Poor old jobless Sven, its a hard life, he gets to sit on his butt in the Sun (thats where he usually is) knock around with tha odd tasty sort, life is so hard... Best job he ever had and now its worth being slagged off in the papers for all those years...

Still he's a better manager than old soppy chops aunt Sally :-rofl2