Switch question

jpsr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 channel master, cm polar mount, 12 inch actuator, Andrews feedhorn, Inverto lnb, Superjack positioner, Dreambox dm 500s, Protek 9600ip, 1m channel master with black ultra & 1m gibertini with technomate twin output lnb on astra 1/2, TM 5200 & 1000
My Location
Mullingar, Ireland
I have 2 fixed sats, 1 on 28e and 1 on 19e.
I have ordered a diseqc switch, but i want to use 2 boxes, 1 in the main bedroom, other and kids room.
If i use a normal splitter, send one cable from that to each room should it work ok.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No - an lnb is an active device, and operates by a combination of tones and voltages. Using a passive splitter will cause the boxes to fight for control, and you could be watvhing eg BBC 1, and the kid decides to put a music channel on - and you lose your BBC1!

Run independent cables to each and every receiver, changing the lnb to a quad or octo output if required..

jpsr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 channel master, cm polar mount, 12 inch actuator, Andrews feedhorn, Inverto lnb, Superjack positioner, Dreambox dm 500s, Protek 9600ip, 1m channel master with black ultra & 1m gibertini with technomate twin output lnb on astra 1/2, TM 5200 & 1000
My Location
Mullingar, Ireland
If i get another diseqc switch along with 2 twin output lnb's and bring 1 cable from each dish to the first diseqc switch and same again to the other switch which will mean only 2 cables come into the house for each receiver.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Assuming that each satellite receiver only has one input each then yes.

Twin LNBs are a bit of a rarity nowadays so I would suggest that you fit a pair of quads just in case you want to run some extra feeds some time in the future.