Switch to digital?

ritagoldberg

Reaction score
I live in Madrid and have a Pace 500 analogue receiver which has worked well for me for several years. Nevertheless, because so many broadcasters are switching to digital, I wonder if I should also. So here are my questions:
1. Is there something I can add to my Pace receiver in order to enable it to receive digital as well as analogue?
2. Are there receivers out there that can handle both analogue and digital? If so, can you mention any brands and perhaps even models?
3. Do I need to modify the antenna in order to switch to digital?
4. Will my TV and VCR work with digital?
5. Are digital channels that are listed as open viewable in the same way as analogue channels, i.e. no encryption, no payment, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Rita

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Both the Strong 4375 and Technomate 5500daci have both analogue and digital capabilities, nothing you can add to your pace receiver. Is the system motorised?

PS. Should all work with your existing TV and Video and for what is available free to air go to www.lyngsat.com, the free to air channels are normally followed by DVB and do not mention an encryption type.

ritagoldberg

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Both the Strong 4375 and Technomate 5500daci have both analogue and digital capabilities, nothing you can add to your pace receiver. Is the system motorised?

PS. Should all work with your existing TV and Video and for what is available free to air go to www.lyngsat.com, the free to air channels are normally followed by DVB and do not mention an encryption type.

Thanks very much. This information will help a lot. Yes, the system is motorized. A system that could handle both analogue and digital and also be motorized sounds like heaven! Any additional recommendations?

Rita

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Very few others that are both analogue and digital with a positioner.