switcher/device

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
To whom is in the know.

Is there a picture of a switcher which can go and support 2 lnbs to a digibox which only takes 1 lnb.

I am trying to get hotbird 13 degrees as well as sky via my standalone sky digibox.

Question

What is the name of the device which connects to my pc to programme cards, where do I purchase this?

PS

2old4this I now watch TROJKA on TV3. Thanx 4 the tip :)

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Yes you can purcahse a simple switcher box from your satellite dealer which will do this for you.

You will probably want to get a slightly larger dish than the standard one supplied by Sky, probably a 75-80cm would be fine, you can then mount 2 LNBs on a bracket and run a cable from each to the 'switcher box', and then a single cable to your Sky DigiBox.

A manual switcher would probably cost not more £15.00 in UK, and there may be one available with a remote control, but I'm not sure how much these would cost.

Come back if you need any further help.

Kind regards

W Hole

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
You need a DiSEqC switch. There are many kinds and variations (eg, 2 inputs, 4 inputs).
If you want a picture, have a look here for example:
http://www.cardman.co.uk/diseqc.html
More info: http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/20-acc-lnb-switch.html

Bear in mind that the angular separation of Hotbird and Astra2 is very large, so this could be a problem if you are using a single dish. Most mounting brackets for duel-LNB installations on a single dish are for separations of 6 degrees only (ie designed for Astra1 and Hotbird). So you would need to get an adjustable one or make one yourself.

There are many different kinds of device for programming different kinds of cards. Smartmouse/Phoenix programmers can be used for reprogramming digital MOSCs (the official subscriber cards) or the EEPROMs of wafer cards. Ludipipo & PIC-programmers are devices for programming individual chips, or the PIC chip of a smart card (but not the EEPROM).
Multi-programmers such as the Millennium, Elvis or VP20 will do all of the above. Some special cards (Atmel/Jupiter, Atmel/Funcard, etc) may require special programmers, or at least, a programmer specifically designed to be flexible enough to program a wide range of chips.

2old

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

If by digibox you mean DigiBox i.e. a Sky DigiBox, then there is no point getting a DiSEqC switch, as the Sky Box won't suppoort it.

If however your box is of some other type, and has the facility to feed a DiSEqC switch then of course the O.M. is quite right.

Kind regards

W Hole

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
good catch, WH, thanks. - 2old

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Looks like a straightforward A+B switch will suffice, they retail at around £8 Sterling.

Rolf

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
Very confused now 'A+B switch????'.

I have the Amstrad drx100 digibox.
I already have a pace 500 with 19.2 and 13.0 fed in the 2 lnb holes.

Any chance i can still watch skydigital + (19.2digital or 13.0 digital) through by Amstraddrx100?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly is, an A+B switch is simply what it says, it is a manual device which will sit next to your digibox so that you can switch between the two LNBs ie, 28.2 for Sky digital and 19.2 for the odd compatible European digital stations. Not sure whether they do one for a third satellite as well though.

Rolf