Switching between 3 different satellites

golfing

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone know how I go about setting up my Echostar 3600 receiver to enable it to switch between 3 different satellites?

I have a 2 dish fixed system, one dish with a Monobloc LNB to receive both Astra and Hotbird and the other dish is setup for Hispasat 30W.

I do have a Disec switch from when I used to have one dish for Astra and one dish for Hotbird. Can this be used somehow or will it be in conflict with the switch in the Monobloc LNB?

Or do I have to have a manual switch attached to the back of my receiver to switch over satellites? I hope not as that would be a pain.

Hope someone can help me

Thanks a lot

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately Golfing, I think that the two diseqC switches will clash as you suggest. The easiest way would be to ditch the monobloc, use two lnbs, an offset bracket and add a four way diseqC switch. You could probably sell the Monobloc to recoup some of the expenditure.

I have heard talk of stacking DiseqC switches, but cant see how it would work.

BIGDISH

Reaction score
My Location
Vienna, Austria
Hi, a bit late but...

Check this out: one 3-way Littleswitch and one Lttleswitch slave. Set-up would be as follows: three LNB cables to the three inputs on the Littleswitch as close to the LNBs as possible. One output cable from Littleswitch to digital receiver. Littleswitch slave inserted between end of this downlead cable and input to dig. receiver. Slave fly lead goes to pin 8 on receiver-to-TV SCART. Triggering AV on your dig. receiver remote gives voltage to pin 8 on SCART thence to slave which triggers Little switch over the coax downlead. So, no need for Diseq at all. I used this for years on a Panasonic TUDSB20 digibox with the channels I wanted from 19.2 and hotbird programmed into 'Other Channels'.

You can get the hardware here: http://www.sfmuk.com/ and I see that he has a new switching mechanism for digiboxes.

I used this to switch between hotbird, 19.2 and 28.2 for a digibox receiver in which case one has to use the TV-SKY buttons to fire the slave, i.e. press TV then SKY and audible click will be heard from the slave.

BIGDISH

Reaction score
My Location
Vienna, Austria
I should point out that i experience a drop in signal strength whith this gear on the line - about 15% for each lnb.