zbozowa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia Dbox2 -
Computer has Windows Vista
My Location
Netherlands
Hello everyone,
I am contemplating purchasing a brandnew TD 3000 directly from the supplier in Poland for 115 euro, and do away with my Nokia Dbox2 (I got an offer to sell for 75 euro).
Your opinions please as to whether or not this is worth pursuing?
The TD would be supplied without a hard-disk and I don't know whether it would be 'vital' to have one installed.
I'm particularly curious to hear from LLew, as he seems to be the authority on TD.

Cheers, from Holland,
' zbozowa '

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi zbozowa, welcome to the forum. The price quoted sounds very reasonable.

The TD is a very well-built machine, almost military standard compared to most other boxes. I've had mine operating continuously for many years with no problems.

A hard disk drive is not absolutely necessary, but it will obviously needed for recording. No USB facility is provided, but can be added via a connector known as a Dragon Tail, or can be fitted internally easily enough.

A wise choice in my opinion if you do decide to purchase.

Llew

A nonymous

Reaction score
I am contemplating purchasing a brandnew TD 3000 directly from the supplier in Poland for 115 euro

Which company is that mate as i can't find it. The only supplier in Poland listed in TDs site doesn't stock them anymore :confused

I fancy a play so at €115 i'm game :D

:-beer

Nano

zbozowa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia Dbox2 -
Computer has Windows Vista
My Location
Netherlands
I have an e-mail address from Armas, the company which produced the TD. I guess you can call this a 'direct from the factory' sale. For EUR 115 all-in they will ship you a unit (either silver, or black, your choice).
That price quoted to me was for shipping to either Denmark or Netherlands, but I can't see shipping to the UK being any more expensive.
I got this information from a German site and I followed up on it. I guess it pays off when you speak your European languages ;-)
Below is the information which you can find on the official TD website:
-http://www.tripledragon.de/contact.html

Headquarters Armas Europe:
ARMAS POLAND Sp. z o. o.
ul. Lubieszynska 5
72-006 Szczecin
Poland

tel. +48 (0) 91 480 54 10
fax +48 (0) 91 480 54 16

email removed - admin

BoSSpak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron MicroMesh 3.6m dish with chaparral polarotor,SMW X-LINE TYPE E LNB.Nokia Dbox1, DM500s.Drake ESR 2000XT + Echostar LT8700
My Location
East of England
nanochickin said:
I fancy a play so at €115 i'm game :D

:-beer

Nano

me too, so i tryed contacting them via email which i got off there website, dam thing keeps bouncing " Failure notice, Sorry, I couldn't find any host named armas.pl"

Are they still around or packed up?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
They've discontinued production now, maybe they've sold existing stock to suppliers. Still available from one or two places if you search online. Not at the price mentioned though.

BoSSpak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron MicroMesh 3.6m dish with chaparral polarotor,SMW X-LINE TYPE E LNB.Nokia Dbox1, DM500s.Drake ESR 2000XT + Echostar LT8700
My Location
East of England
Llew said:
Not at the price mentioned though.

Thats the thing m8 :D , the price caught my eye. What appeals to me about this receiver is the spectrum analyser plugin. I've seen couple of satshops advertise the triple dragon but i think the price is way over the top, considering you can buy a decent dvbs2 receivers nowadays. I'll keep my eye open for a second hand triple dragon.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Spectrum analyzer can be found on TM6900+/Ctech HD5000C/DR HD F16/DIAMOND 9000/etc....

All are same, blind scan capable dvb-s2/hd receivers...