Switching to 500s

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
I fried my beloved 7000S when a screw fell of the HD clamp. I had been sharing a S*Y card with 4 other 500S. Decided to set up one of these onto the motorised dish with some problems.
I had Hydra on the 500S but the thoughts of manually installing everything again made me put Gemini on. With Gemini my FTP speed starts at 8KB/s and quickly drops to 0.11KB/s. This does not happen with Hydra.
The 500s drives the H-H motor fine.
D+ working fine.
Cannot get the 500s to read any cards including the DigitAlb which was working fine in the 7000s.

One final thing, on the Hydra control panel you could specify Audio preference so that the English PID was automatically selected. Is there a way to do this with Gemini?

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
Hi m8
I am running Newcamd 5.28 (0961 cardsrever version) on my 500S and it reads my sly uk card and my digitalb. Maybe worth a go with that emu.

Slayter

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Couldn't figure out why FTP was slow with Gemini. After two days struggling with it I have reflashed with Hydra Pheonix and I have to say even with the manual install it is a joy to work with. Personally I think Gemini is crap. I prefer SDT but not available for 500s.
Anyway the crux of the problem with the card reader was that it is port 10001 which is the equivalent of the bottom slot. I was assuming it would be the equivalent of the top slot. Also, it won't read unless the top slot port 10000 is disabled with # first. Everything working now.
Next I am trying to have a card in each of the 500s and each sharing the other's card.

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Next I am trying to have a card in each of the 500s and each sharing the other's card.[/QUOTE]

Done. Much easier than I thought it would be. Now have three cards in three dreambox 500s all sharing the other's cards. Has to be said that this is one class receiver for the money. I do miss the HD on the 7000s but it will take up position again when repaired.