Syntec Genisis3 will it help

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Hi dudes been having a hard time with SEARY-ARSE ! AGAIN (weather shite)and are considering one of those syntec or synutab (ones for unblocking your sinus and one for sirius )latter leaves a very large hole in yer pocket,Question is does it work, Claims a 0.3db well i remember reading a post by Grass Hopper on the lines of LNB manufactors testing LNB`S and picking best results accived say 0.3 and average was 0.6.So question still stands .Is it any good,Will it help,(have a c120)at the mo,or is there anyway i can improve my CM 120dish/c120 setup not to be affected by shite weather .Is there any Dish around the same size that will do the job
(as the amount of shit i got when i fitted this was unreal).
DAVE

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Before you go get an expensive LNB that does not guarantee improvement, you may be able to improve reception simply by haveing a proper feed on the dish

Tell me what dish make it is and Ill try to find out the appropriate feed. You will then need a C120 flange LNB to fit onto the feed, but there are plenty of good makes about.

The 0.3dB claims will only work if the feed on the LNB is suitable to start with and these are always a genralised shape to cover the majority of f/d ratios

This is why different commercial dishes in offset configuration have dedicated feeds, 0.6 to 0.8 is not uncommon in a range of f/d ratios.

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
MR Hopper its a channel master 120 offset i am using a c120 flanged on my old irte feedhorn. DAVE.

Stardust

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
I have also a 1,2m channelmaster (f/d=0.6) and with the orignaly feet and a 0.7 chaparral lnb (7 years old) it works better than with a new sharp 0.6 lnbf which also claims to have a f/d of 0.6.
What is the f/d of the genisis lnbf?

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
(ALLEDGEDLLY 0.3) Somehow i dont think so. Ive also got a C monterey
Lnb 0.7 (save all my old shit) But mine cannot touch C120 lnb 0.6 for quality. sad really as it has skew.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
BC

F/D ratio is the angle of dagle of the feed on the LNB, not the gain

I dont think this would be marked anywhere on the specification as its simply the casting at the factory

If Syntec do a flange version then this would be the one to get

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Dont think they do but i could always LOSE the feedhorn.
ps theres a fargin humongus Tree ,with shitloads of green things
on it, about 150metres from me Dish, tree 15metres high dish 3metres
high, whos good at triganometory: also why would this affect me at nite only: because its bang in line with SEARY-ARSE. and if so
Any1 got a quiet chain saw.Must be a sure way to piss the neighbours off.