System setup HELP

welshnutteruk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
A norvice at sat set up but a great diyer
My Location
brdigedn mid glamorgan south wales
Hi having had sky for years i will not be bullied by there price hikes so i bought i full motorised sat system technomate 1500ci with diseqc h-h motor and 80cm dish im pretty good at diy and have set the motor mount pole motor and dish up cable, and sat box. Right here comes the hard part (well i think so) i have set the motor and dish on the pole facing south how can i find out what angle to set the dish and motor to (elevation and decline angles) i read somewhere to set the elevation at about 51 and the decline on the dish to about 22 as i live in wales tried this and still no signal when i went into setup it has to bars on the screen level was about 70% quality about 6% i take it i need to get quality up to about 70-80% can someone help with the setup i live in bridgend mid glamorgan south wales
Kind Regards chris

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Which satellite are you trying to find for your due South?

welshnutteruk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
A norvice at sat set up but a great diyer
My Location
brdigedn mid glamorgan south wales
Thats it i dont know to be honest thats why i came on here for help. I set it all up everything on the pole with a compass to face south but dont know the elevation or nowt any help will be a god ent
regards chris

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look at this thread, you need to try and point the dish at either Thor 1W or 5 West, as these two satellites sit at either side of your due South.

To do this, you either need a meter, or a portable TV, set up so that you can see the screen when slowly moving the setup as described in my link above.

blobchamp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky system
My Location
s. wales
just down the road at port talbot, let me know how you are doing i'm about to put my system up next weekend.
thanks