T & K Brackets

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec-Star Lifetime Classic Receiver with 65cm dish single LNB
My Location
London, UK
I've ordered my satellite finder kit and now need to order my brackets, from the advice on this forum i'm going to go for a pair of T & K brackets, want to ask am I best to go for galvanised and the pole am I better going for steel rather than aluminium. Also last thing, i'm putting the satellite above the facia board, it's a 65cm dish, to be on the safe side what sort of distance apart should I put the brackets, need to know so I know hat size pole to order.
Thanks so much for everyones help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Always go for galvanised rather than painted brackets, a steel pole is best, possibly a scaffold pole, nice and rigid. :)

Use good wall fixings, best using sleeve anchors of some type, top bracket has to be several bricks down from the top of the wall and I would personally go with 3ft spacing for 3 to 5ft foot above with a 65cm dish.

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Ok will order the galvernised brackets with a 6 foot steel pole.
Thanks for the help.

ams13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000
not installed yet but will be soon
My Location
southern england
hi mark

where are you getting your brackets and pole from i can find loads of t&k but no poles thanks

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
ams13 said:
but no poles

The larger B&Q Warehouses have aluminium poles.

ams13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000
not installed yet but will be soon
My Location
southern england
dont really want alliminum will probably go and grovel to a local scaffold firm thanks for reply though

J

Jeff_19341

SGB, Scaffolding Great Britain, readily sell galvanised steel scaffold poles. I get the 3m lengths (10ft) for just under a tenner. They do other sizes. Aluminium scaffold poles they will not sell unless I have a 6m length (20ft), too long to transport though.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
The T&K brackets I bought from Maplin came with U bolts that were too small for a scaffolding pole.

Take a U bolt with you and check before you buy one.

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
ams13 said:
hi mark

where are you getting your brackets and pole from i can find loads of t&k but no poles thanks
I found a web site that sells the T & K brackets and also the poles in different lengths in Aluminium and steel. When have found it again will post the web site. One other thing wanted to ask what is the best type cable to but to run from the LNB to the reciever? How much should I look at paying per meter?

Thanks

bomber1961

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish
ATLANTA RECEIVER 9900DAPCI.
DIGITAL / ANALOGUE.
C/W 36 V MOTOR DRIVE
My Location
KENT UK
hi all,
just been converted by a mate to sat stuff,
I bought my t & ks from TLC electrical wholesale wicked price and great brackets,
also cheap sat cable ends and fixings,
check them out all over south I'm in Kent,
www.tlc-direct.co.uk

Lord Minty

DIY motorised
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.3dB Fortec Star lnb, 90cm Fortec Star dish, Silver Crest SL65 receiver, Stab HH90 motor...
My Location
Bedford
rolfw said:
Always go for galvanised rather than painted brackets, a steel pole is best, possibly a scaffold pole, nice and rigid. :)

Use good wall fixings, best using sleeve anchors of some type, top bracket has to be several bricks down from the top of the wall and I would personally go with 3ft spacing for 3 to 5ft foot above with a 65cm dish.

Now you've got me worried - I've got mine about 5 or 6 bricks apart with the LNB arm of my 90cm dish about 6" above the top bracket. Will it be OK? It's quite low down on the wall mind you.