T-REX 4.1 Question

heerfordt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dsd
My Location
Germany
Hi

I have a major problem with my new T-REX 4.1 Twin CAM. Each time I insert the CAM into a approved receiver the picture frezzy!?. and its driving me crazy...

Im able to go into the CAM Menu and view the item. The CAM also recodnize the inserted smartcard. (Shall it be possible to view the smartcards menu? or only card is conax). There is no problem with updating the cards firmware....
I have tested on 5 different SAT Receivers.

Can any one point me in the right direction?.

What happends if you are not tuned into a FTA channel during firmware update?.

Cheers,
Uffe

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
If you're not tuned into a FTA channel, when loading, you will probably damage the cams bootloader, rendering it useless until repaired.
What does frezzy mean? Which predator firmware version have you got loaded and which receivers have you tried it in?
You can not use the Cam with any other cam and if you have a patched receiver try turning the patch off.

heerfordt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dsd
My Location
Germany
Hi again,

Thx for the quick reply. Most have mispelled my last mail. Is there any way to run a systems check on the T-REX 4.1 card??.

When I insert the CAM into my Samsung 9500AZ org. Firmware. the the picture freezes, and when I detact the CAM the picture continues..... Thats what I meant by frezzy.

When the picture freeze, its still posible to go into the CAM Menu and control the predator settings.?.. and its no problem to update the firmware with another version.

I have tried various version of the Predator firmware from version 3.21 to 3.56, without any luck :-(

Why is the Predator CAM Menu suposed to react when a smartcard is put into the CAM ?. Is it possible to view the smartcards menu through the predator CAM menu ?. When I view the smartcard inserted into the CAM it only says CONAX Smartcard inserted.

Cheers,
Uffe

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Usually when you have freezing problems with a T-Rex Cam it's because something else is also trying to decode the signal, either another Cam or a patch. It also sometimes occurs due to overheating, not enough ventilation getting to the receiver or Cam.
Regarding your Conax card, is this a genuine subscription to a package like DigitAlb? And are you having problems getting the card to activate or update?

heerfordt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dsd
My Location
Germany
Hi,

The Conax card is a genuine subscription card for Canal+ Nordic, it works fine if moved to the build in CAM slot, and the T-REX is detached.

I dont have other CAM´s/Cards inserted into samsung receiver when I test the T-REX, so it shouldnt be confused on which CAM to use as there is only one. On less on of the build-in CAM are duing something?.

I will tried to add an extra fan to the receiver, to see if it helps.

Cheers,
Uffe.

heerfordt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dsd
My Location
Germany
Just another question.

Is case that the boot area on the CAM, is having problems, is it then possible to upload new firmware to the CAM?. Because I having no trouble doing this.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
If the bootloader is damaged your receiver wont recognise the Cam and you can't update the Predator firmware.
I don't know if your receiver is patchable, but since you have tested it in 5 different receivers, with the same problems, I'd say the problem probably lies with your Cam, you can try an earlier version of the Predator files, also check the number of CAID's loaded in the predator file you are using, a lot of older receivers have problems when more than 16 are loaded, and people who modify Predator files usually add extra CAID's.

heerfordt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dsd
My Location
Germany
Hi M,

Thx, for you assistence. It help reducing the numbers of CAID for some reason, now I only have 1 :-rofl2 ....

How old is the T-REX 4.1 Twin CAM product.?. and why has it so quickly been replace by 4.5 and 4.6.

I have also found out the my PC SAT Receiver FireDTV dosent support the cam. I have now tried to downgrade the FireDTV firmware to 1.2.2 and back again to 1.2.4. When doing this I received an intresting message from the CommonInterface : Error, CI not supported by hardware. This is first reaction I get from the fireDtv box :D

:crying:

Cheers,
Uffe

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi heerfordt,
the T-Rex 4.1 was the last version released prior to the 4.5 & 4.6 supercams with built in security chip, to compete with newer cams like the Diablo. The reason the 4.5 was developed was to allow the Dragon Team to release new firmware to unlock channels that aren't public hacks, without other teams accessing their codes, the trouble was that the 4.5 wasn't very secure so they had to replace it with the 4.6 version.
At present there is nothing extra on the 4.6 supercam that you can't get on all earlier versions of the Dragon Cam.