T-Rex 4.6 and official Irdeto card

crypto7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon T-Rex Super - Humax
My Location
Australia
Looking for some pointers... I am trying to get the T-Rex 4.6 Super Module working with a sub card. its and Irdeto 1 and is fully working in the inbuilt cam of the Humax 5400Z (stock).

I got the t-rex just to play and see how it works.

I have tried a range of the firmware files I've seen, but it never decodes the IR1 (caid 0602). I've read some of the posts and added the CHID to the image, but the cam aways says "not decoding". If I pull the card out of the t-rex and insert in the the card-reader it works perfect. If I put the card into an Irdeto Cam in the same box it works.

I'm sure I am missing something simple.

Thanks for your help

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Providing you have the correct CAID installed it should work, I've found the following CAID's for Irdeto:
0602-Irdeto A (Pink+)
0604-Irdeto B
0606-Irdeto C
0608-Irdeto D
0618-Irdeto E
0622-Irdeto E (original dutch Irdeto card)
0626-Irdeto G (Redlight card Irdeto2)

You can use either Predasaur or Predator files on your T-Rex 4.6, but to open Premiere you are better off using Predator 359.
You can easily add/remove CAID's, in any Predasaur/Predator file, using CAID_SHA_Fix or PredEdit.

crypto7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Australia
I took the predasur215.dra file, used your chid_sha_fix dropped all chids, then added 0601,0602, 0603, 0604 as these are the 4 chids in the coco on the card.

Saved that to a new name and uploaded to the cam with CAS3 Studio. The upload looks fine, but still no go.

I assume when a cam is in the camslot, it gets ALL the stream data and then it filters what it wants and decodes what it should. Is there a good document on how the T-Rex Super Module 4.6 works and how to correctly edit the dra files?

I have tried to use the IR1 emu on the cam, but cant work out have to get the correct CAID in there to add keys.

crypto7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Australia
Marc1 007: I can only comment on the sats I can see and the services I use. 1 of them has PK's that last for a month or so, the other changes the keys every few minutes. The is no reason what they can not change the PKs every 10 seconds if they want.

The Problem I have is I don't beleave my setup is even trying to decode. I have a working smart card I can put in a any stb I have (inbuilt Irdeto CA) or via a softcam I have on a PC, but cant get the T-Rex to use that card and decode.

I've checked all the CHIDs, even setup the Pids for on channel still no go.

I also cant work out how to change the CHID on a service on the card. It has a single setup under Irdeto that has a different chid. If I could change that chid, I could set all the current PKs and see if that works.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi crypto7,
I have moved your post here as it was getting confusing in the other thread.
One basic question have you got the card inserted chip facing up, and when you go into the Cams menu, and check the smartcard information, is the cam reading it correctly?
Your cam, the T-Rex 4.6, can use either Predator or Predasaur files, so if you see a Predator file claiming to support your card, you might want to try that.
I have uploaded PredEdit 1.4, on sendspace, for you to try, this is another usful tool for adding/removing CAID's.
_http://www.sendspace.com/file/xwm796

crypto7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Australia
Thanks, I will have a look at the app.

Yep the contacts are the correct way up. The smart card option shows "Irdeto Smart Card" and the correct COCO and CAID.

When I had a closer look at the files I was using, the have a Heading "Irdeto", but the pre setup service is BetaCrypt. So I'm beging to wonder if the files I have want to deal with Irdeto at all.

crypto7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Australia
Dropped back to Predator215 - stock no mods. Once on the cam I added the PKs and pics. via on onboard emu :)

This version has trouble seeing the smart card, so move onto the next version and see how I go.

As a hobby, the progress is good and proves the cam works :)

crypto7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Australia
Just to keep you informed...

Now using Predator320 with the Irdeto Card (Working Fine) and I can also use IR1 PKs in the cam.

Happy camper with both card and cam giving pics now.