T rex 4.6 with loader card novice help!?

doddster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
phoenix appollo multi cam and cardslot ,t rex cam, eurovox, sat pointint at hotbird
My Location
manchester
i am currently learning how sats work etc...

i have bought 4.6 T Rex Supercam with adult card
and loader card.
for my pheonix appollo box ..i have also purchased an infinity card programmer usb

just have a few questions as im new to all this can anyone help?

when i get my t rex cam and card programmer can anyone talk me through what i need to programe it..

what is a loader card?

and will i have to download any software from various internet sites to update ..or does it comepre loaded

can anyone give me step by step novices guide on how to use it i am currently on hotbird are there any good channels to unlock.. or do i need to go motorised

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I'm sorry to say that at the moment it looks like you chose the wrong cam, support for the T-Rex 4.5 has been very poor recently and now that Premiere has changed their key the lack of support is showing.
Add to that the fact that no Predasaur file was ever made that included TPS, and the better option looks like the Diablo Cam.
This Cam can still open a few packages, for the moment, the main ones being D+ 19E and 30W, and Cabo 30W, but you can also get SRG Swiss 13E.
Programming the Cam is relatively straight forward, you can either load a Predasaur or Predator file onto your loader card.
With your Programmer you simply insert your card, chip facing down, and choose the relevant loader card from the drop down box.
There are 2 types, Fun Card 7, also known as Prussian Card 5, and the PIC F84A Dragon Loader.
For the Fun Card 7 you choose DragonloaderCard (AVR)
For the PIC F84A loader card you coose DragonloaderCard (PIC).
You leave the built in loader and just load the Predator.dra or Predasaur.dra into Ext EEprom and choose option 2 reverse span.
And write.
The most important thing is to follow the howto.txt step by step when loading your Dragon Cam, as a mistake can damage your Cam.
Make sure your receiver is tuned to a FTA channel, I use BBC world, turn off your receiver.
Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module, chip face up. Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".
Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual progress percentage, select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....
When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.
Please post back if you have any problems loading your card.