T-rex Cam

ace8664

Reaction score
Hi im pretty new to this scene and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I have a generic receiver which is a frontier dv-928, yamatu mx-700, nextvision 5000.

I have a t-rex cam with a dragon loader card (F84a) i have programmed the cam with a infinity usb programmer (using only usb lead) using predator 324 using flash FUN7LDR.HEX and ext predator324.dra.

The card seems to be programmed fine as says complete and when i put it in the receiver it updates successfully.

When i goto common interface menu it says predator, i click on that and it says a list of commands

Smartcard
Sim Card
Debug
Settings

When i select smartcard it says no smartcard inserted, and at the bottom says not decoding.

Can someone please help me as feel pretty lost.

p.s. i also have a fun6 card but not sure what or if i need that?, also do i need a card to be in the t-rex cam?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi ace8664,
you do not need a card in your Cam, the T-Rex Cam is also known as the Dragon Cam, if you tune to Hotbird 13E or 30W you should find some packages opening. The only thing I do not understand is how you programmed your loader card, if your card has Fun 7 written on it then you programmed it correctly but if it is a F84A PIC card you should have programmed it by choosing DragonloaderCard (PIC), load the predator.dra file into Ext EEP, choose 2 reverse span and write.
But has you seem to have programmed your Cam, it must have worked.
The most important thing is to follow the howto.txt step by step when loading your Dragon Cam, as a mistake can damage your Cam.
Make sure your receiver is tuned to a FTA channel, I use BBC world, turn off your receiver.
Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module, chip face up. Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".
Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual progress percentage, select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....
When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.
For Multivision you will have to update the keys manually using the debug option as they change daily.
I hope this helps.
Best wishes
Mickha

ace8664

Reaction score
Thanks Mickha, I have done exactly what you have said but without any luck, when you turn on the receiver it says predator 3.23 initializing, which is strange as the software is version 3.24, i have been trying to re-update the receiver without any luck, there doesnt seem an option to re-start the cam upload, i have tried putting the receiver back into factory restore without any luck, can you suggest anything?, thanks again for your help.

Peter

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi ace8664,
turn your receiver to a FTA (Free to Air) channel, I use BBC World, switch off your receiver and remove your CAM. If you have a SIM card in your slot remove it.
Then re-program your loader card with Predator 3.24.
If it is a PIC card, without Fun 7 written on it:
Start your Infinity programmer, insert your loader card, chip face down, and if your programmer doesn't auto detect your card choose DraagonloaderCard (PIC)
Loade predator3.24.dra into Ext EEp and choose option 2 reverse span.
Write.
If your card is detected as a Fun 7 choose DragonloaderCard (AVR), and load predaor3.24.bin into Ext EEp and choose option 2 reverse span.
Write.
Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module, chip face up. Insert the CAM into your receiver, and turn on your receiver.
Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".
Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual progress percentage, select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....
When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.
If your CAM does not show Dragon Loader mode then there could be a problem, please post back with the results.
Best wishes
Mickha

fatboy6

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kathrein ufd 170
My Location
england
hi everyone sorry if this post is in wrong place can you help i have a kathrein ufd receiver with two slots which would be the best cam and card be the easyes for a newbe to use many thanks steve:-worship:-worship​

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Currently the best Cam is the Diablo light, but you will require a Cas 2 or 3 programmer to use it.
I recommend the Cas 3 +, and you should be able to get both Cam and Cas 3+ for £90, or less.
The Diablo can currently open nearly everything available, but you will have to check for any compatibility issues, with your receiver, as I have no experience with the kathrein ufd receiver.

fatboy6

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kathrein ufd 170
My Location
england
hi mickha many thanks for info can you tell me best place to get dialo light 3+cam cas many thanks steve:)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Always try the boards sponsors first.