T*S AES Updating

cableman

Reaction score
Thanks to pred 324 (or rather those folk or the guy that wrote it) I now have Multies back again.
Thanks also to Rolfw for his hex to decimal converter, posted in the editors utilities an misc. section of this forum.
I recommend anyone labouriously coverting hex. to dec. to download and keep this util. handy.Who knows, we may well need it for all of T*S soon! Thanks again guys!

TVDX

Reaction score
Website
bitent.cjb.net
Can you explain to me what has happened with Multivision.
If I simply upgrade my Predator 3.20 to 3.24 will Multivision work again?.
Or do you have to enter a new code every day or something?.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi TVDX,
Multivision are now changing the AES key daily, up until Predator 3.24 you weren't able to alter this key using the debug option, if you want to keep watching these channels you should update to Predator 3.24 and update the keys or wait for an updated Predator to be posted with the keys updated.
Best wishes
Mickha

TVDX

Reaction score
Website
bitent.cjb.net
Is it possible that a predator update may in the future be able to handle this problem?.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Predators are the firmware updates for the Dragon Cam.

retainedstatue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+, Golden Interstar 8005CI, Dragon 4.1, opos 1.05
My Location
Merseyside, UK
TVDX said:
Is it possible that a predator update may in the future be able to handle this problem?.

Anythings possible but from what I can gather it`s very unlikely due to the way the official boxes handle the updating process.
It would probably be a very bad thing if Predator started AUing the AES key; it might prompt TPS into doing something more radical to stop unofficial viewing. It is much more likely that it will stay open for longer while the keys have to be updated manually because in their view less people will be able/bothered to do it.