T*S ok but troubles to get mvs ! low SNR ?

lol74

Reaction score
Hi all,

I start a new thread as I think the depth is becoming too high!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
complete thread here

Hi all,

T*s is ok for me also with new mary. But I have troubles to get mvs. I have only 15% ok at the top, below it's totally black and sound is not ok.

Could it be that my signal is too low. I have a SNR of 60% compared to 80% for t*s extrem.

Thanks for any feedback

LOL74

)(-red

haggard said:
LoL, you're talking in a yellow accent and Im colourblind. I can hardly read it. 15% of what? If you get TPSs, you ought to get the MVs. Some frequencies changed about a week ago so you might need to do a new scan.

Thanks for your answer. I stop writing in yellow :p

I have made a rescan and consequently I have retrieved M8. I still don't have Mv1 -Mv2 ok

Mv8 is fine but I have a snr of 73% compared to 61% for the others.
For Mv1-Mv7 at best the image is blinking with very very bad sound.

For T*s Cine* I have 83% of SNR

Could you tell me what are your snr for these channels ?

llew said:
Hi lol. MV8 is of course on the same satellite, on a different transponder to MV1-7. It may be simply that the transponder has a slightly weaker signal, hence the difference in C/N ratio.

Llew
]

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
lol74 said:
Hi all,

I start a new thread as I think the depth is becoming too high!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
complete thread here

Hi all,

T*s is ok for me also with new mary. But I have troubles to get mvs. I have only 15% ok at the top, below it's totally black and sound is not ok.

Could it be that my signal is too low. I have a SNR of 60% compared to 80% for t*s extrem.

Thanks for any feedback

LOL74

)(-red

Thanks for your answer. I stop writing in yellow :p

I have made a rescan and consequently I have retrieved M8. I still don't have Mv1 -Mv2 ok

Mv8 is fine but I have a snr of 73% compared to 61% for the others.
For Mv1-Mv7 at best the image is blinking with very very bad sound.

For T*s Cine* I have 83% of SNR

Could you tell me what are your snr for these channels ?

]

For the record, I said I would do it:
For MV1-7 snr = 83%
For MV8 snr = 70%
For TPSs snr = 85%
This is in NW England, 11 miles south of Manchester wih a 90cm dish.

lol74

Reaction score
haggard said:
For MV1-7 snr = 83%
For MV8 snr = 70%
For TPSs snr = 85%
haggard said:
For MV1-7 snr = 83%
For MV8 snr = 70%
For TPSs snr = 85%
Thanks a lot Haggard. It is strange that you have better snr for Mv1-7 than for Mv8 (compared to my snr)

As a remainer I have
For MV1-7 snr = 60%
For MV8 snr = 73%
For TPSs snr = 83%

I don't know if a skew ajustment would improve the situation.
For Mv1-7 , the decoding is not correct.Either the image is blinking with very very bad sound
or I have only a partial image (at the top) , below is black and the sound is like alien's cry.

Any ideas are welcome!

LOL74

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
lol74 said:
Thanks a lot Haggard. It is strange that you have better snr for Mv1-7 than for Mv8 (compared to my snr)

As a remainer I have
For MV1-7 snr = 60%
For MV8 snr = 73%
For TPSs snr = 83%

I don't know if a skew ajustment would improve the situation.
For Mv1-7 , the decoding is not correct.Either the image is blinking with very very bad sound
or I have only a partial image (at the top) , below is black and the sound is like alien's cry.

Any ideas are welcome!

LOL74
Just to be awkward, they are all on different Hotbird beams
TPS is on Super
MV8 is Wide
MV1-7 is Europe
So they all have different footprints and so everyone must have different signal levels for the three. Unless they live side by side.

lol74

Reaction score
haggard said:
Just to be awkward, they are all on different Hotbird beams
TPS is on Super
MV8 is Wide
MV1-7 is Europe
So they all have different footprints and so everyone must have different signal levels for the three. Unless they live side by side.
Hi Haggard,

I am back from holidays, I have just seen your answer. I am sure you are right. I have installed a DM in the south of France for a motorised system without any trouble. All Mvs are clear and OK. Back at home, I have used the SatFind feature to check the BER of MV1-7 which are not ok for me. My conclusion is that I have probably a positioning problem or skew or something like that because on these channels the lock is not correct (continuously on and off) and the BER is varying from 0 to 300.

:ny

LOL

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Folks'

I've currently beamed down in East of England and using setup as below.

Current levels as follows:
_________SNR_____AGC_____BER
Mult1-7___83%_____54%_____0
Mult8_____76%_____52%_____0
T*S______84%_____56%_____0
(excuse underscores but it compresses spaces so this is only way I know to produce a table)
The quick way to get to the stream info is very rapid double click on the 'info' button (ignore program info, if it comes up, just keep rapidly clicking until stream info appears) then - right - right - to get to signal info.
Hope this may be of interest.

73 & Happy Easter!

lol74

Reaction score
td03-5 said:
Hi Folks'

I've currently beamed down in East of England and using setup as below.

Current levels as follows:
_________SNR_____AGC_____BER
Mult1-7___83%_____54%_____0
Mult8_____76%_____52%_____0
T*S______84%_____56%_____0
(excuse underscores but it compresses spaces so this is only way I know to produce a table)
The quick way to get to the stream info is very rapid double click on the 'info' button (ignore program info, if it comes up, just keep rapidly clicking until stream info appears) then - right - right - to get to signal info.
Hope this may be of interest.

73 & Happy Easter!

Thanks td03-5 !

I have to wait to make changes on my dual lnb (still snow on roof) I'll let you know if rotating the lnb is enough to get rid of the BER. The other solution is may be to get a bigger dish (currently 70cm).

Bye

LOL
:ny

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi lol,

Another possibility. Are you sure it isn't snow or ice on the feed horn cover of the LNB?
I lost everything last year but as the dish is low mounted, some warm water, a brush and me up some steps cured it!

73 & Yappy Hew Near

lol74

Reaction score
Hi td03-5,

Thanks for your answer. I don't think it is snow or ice because although I had some snow on the roof, now there is no more and the temperature is positive. However I will check as soon as possible (may be this WE). I'll let you know.

Happy new Year !

lol74

Reaction score
lol74 said:
Hi td03-5,

Thanks for your answer. I don't think it is snow or ice because although I had some snow on the roof, now there is no more and the temperature is positive. However I will check as soon as possible (may be this WE). I'll let you know.

Happy new Year !

HI All,

I have found a discrepancy for the frequency of Multivision 1-7 :

On lyngsat : http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/tps.html it is :

11662 Mhz polarisation V
tp 158 FEC 3/4

SR 27500

But in my DM, these channels are defined as
11661 Mhz polarisation V
FEC 3/4

SR 27502

As I have problem to see them, may be this is wrong in my DM. Is anybody can tell me what are the correct values and how to modify them in the DM.

For your information, I have already used Satellites XML loader 1.5 to refresh satellites.xml .

Thanks in advance
LOL :cool:

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
lol74 said:
HI All,

I have found a discrepancy for the frequency of Multivision 1-7 :

On lyngsat : http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/tps.html it is :

11662 Mhz polarisation V
tp 158 FEC 3/4

SR 27500

But in my DM, these channels are defined as
11661 Mhz polarisation V
FEC 3/4

SR 27502

As I have problem to see them, may be this is wrong in my DM. Is anybody can tell me what are the correct values and how to modify them in the DM.

For your information, I have already used Satellites XML loader 1.5 to refresh satellites.xml .

Thanks in advance
LOL :cool:

Those little differences should not cause any problems.
The frequency is pulled in by afc because the lnb IF might be a few kHz off, therefore the last figure in 11662 or 11661 is just your lnb. Your DM has corrected for this.
Likewise, your box's 27502 for SR compared to notional 27500 is just your box measuring it to be a bit different.

Looking back to your first post, for some reason, your SNR is too low for these MVs and this says you are not collecting enough signal.
Eliminate everything possible:
dish align
dish warp
lnb skew
poor lnb (try another)
water in cable
too long cable run
and if this doesnt cure, you may need a bigger dish.

60%ish for SNR is not good enough on DB. Its tuner likes to be whacked with a lot of signal. Last weeks winds knocked my 1W SNR down to 54% and I got mere flashes of picture at best. I just fixed it in time for last nights even stronger one.

lol74

Reaction score
haggard said:
Those little differences should not cause any problems.
The frequency is pulled in by afc because the lnb IF might be a few kHz off, therefore the last figure in 11662 or 11661 is just your lnb. Your DM has corrected for this.
Likewise, your box's 27502 for SR compared to notional 27500 is just your box measuring it to be a bit different.

Looking back to your first post, for some reason, your SNR is too low for these MVs and this says you are not collecting enough signal.
Eliminate everything possible:
dish align
dish warp
lnb skew
poor lnb (try another)
water in cable
too long cable run
and if this doesnt cure, you may need a bigger dish.

60%ish for SNR is not good enough on DB. Its tuner likes to be whacked with a lot of signal. Last weeks winds knocked my 1W SNR down to 54% and I got mere flashes of picture at best. I just fixed it in time for last nights even stronger one.

Thanks Haggard for your comment. I am a little lost because, I went on my roof to adjust the skew with my laptop (thanks WIFI) . I used the web satfinder which works quite strangely. First I Zapped to MV4 then I clicked on Control and Satfindinder. The strange thing is the frequency displayed was not MV4 frequency but "11129/5632 V" (I don't know what it is).

I looked for the MV4 frequency on lyngsat, which was 11662 Mhz. I selected it in the satfinder popup (through the web interface) and after some adjustments the BER droppped down to zero. I went down to check on TV.

Back faced to the tv it was not good, same problem and the BER was not null , the channel was not well synchronized nor blocked.

:rolleyes:

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
lol74 said:
Thanks Haggard for your comment. I am a little lost because, I went on my roof to adjust the skew with my laptop (thanks WIFI) . I used the web satfinder which works quite strangely. First I Zapped to MV4 then I clicked on Control and Satfindinder. The strange thing is the frequency displayed was not MV4 frequency but "11129/5632 V" (I don't know what it is).

I looked for the MV4 frequency on lyngsat, which was 11662 Mhz. I selected it in the satfinder popup (through the web interface) and after some adjustments the BER droppped down to zero. I went down to check on TV.

Back faced to the tv it was not good, same problem and the BER was not null , the channel was not well synchronized nor blocked.

:rolleyes:
Is it possible you have another receiver connected to the LNB IF loopthru on the back of your DB? (That's if your DB has loop thru.)

lol74

Reaction score
haggard said:
Is it possible you have another receiver connected to the LNB IF loopthru on the back of your DB? (That's if your DB has loop thru.)

I am not sure to understand what you mean. I have two decoders: an analog NOkia and the DM7000. The DM is connected to a dual lnb (Astra + Hotbird on a single cable) on a motorised Dish. This Dish is looking to Hotbird . I have done this way because my Nokia dish is using a proprietary protocol SatScan (Not diseq1.2) which is not supported by the DM.

My DM7000s has a loop thru but only the input is used .

The analog decoder is currently plugged to another dish (older).

I am not sure these details are answering your question...

Bye

:-cheers