Taps & Splitters

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
I've found out a little more on the sky system, they are not as I'd thought going with Unicable, but with another system, Single Cable Router, which will require a new digibox, so you were right, they've gone their own way.

The system will consist of a module which fits on four multiswitch outlets, with loopthrough for existing outlets and a single cable feed to the user. There is then apparently a breakout box, but it willrequire the new type of receivers.

Will update this when I see something a little less vague. :)

If anything, by the time something is out there and working, satellite equipment will be the only device using analogue outputs to connect to the TV.
The abysmal way the range of modern TVs need switching over from analogue to digital reception (ever tried to educate a customer how to get teletext on a Viega when they were last looking at a Freeview channel ?)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I think it's valid to drag this one out of the understairs cupboard again :)

Anyone have any more news on either stand-alone Unicable boxes or indeed the Sky SCR system?

Both intrigue me.

STICK

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
SCR is still there, but they haven't rolled it out yet, draw your own conclusions from the delay.

Unicable is out and working, but very little equipment will support it.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I've not seen any Unicable stand-alone boxes yet :(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I seem to remember seeing one which included unicable ready in its description, but there aren't many. :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
The Triple Dragon has Unicable support. Don't know of anyone who is using it though.

Llew

Attachments

• LNB Config.jpg
    LNB Config.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 21