tata sky in medan, indonesia

A

akay56

Member
Messages
2
My Satellite Setup
want to setup tata sky
My Location
Medan, Indonesia
hi everybody

i have read the threads regarding dishtv and tata sky working in the middle east with a lot of interest.

i am interested in setting up tata sky in medan, indonesia. I already have the tata sky decoder/stb here. from the various links posted in the threads i have figured out the following:

from dishpointer.com the lat/long of medan is:
Address: MEDAN
Latitude: 3.578°
Longitude: 98.661°
Satellite distance: 36083 Km

from dishpointer.com the dish setup data is:
Elevation:71.1°
Azimuth (true): 257.4°
Azimuth (magn.): 258.0°
LNB skew: 77.0°
Dish skew: 90.0°

on the same website it says that Medan is outside the footprint of Insat4A Ku band, however Medan does fall in the footprint of the C band. Dubai, Riyadh and other middle east cities are also clearly outside the footprint of Ku band, however many people on this forum have clearly shared that they are getting tata sky in their respective cities.

Now how should I go about setting up the system here. satellite dish antennas are quite popular in Indonesia, so i feel the hardware required should be available. most of the dishes are aluminium mesh types except for the ones given by the local DTH operators (Astro and Indovision).

the questions are:
what kind of dish should i use?
what size should it be?
what lnb should i use?
should i follow the dishpointer dish setup data or it should be modified?
other things to keep in mind?

i look forward to everybodys help, i will be really obliged.

thanks and regards
ash.
 
afancier

afancier

Member
Messages
426
My Satellite Setup
Zenaga STB CD1002S, Three solid Ku band Dish. 60Cm,70cm,90cm getting Nss6 95E, Yamal201 90E, ABS1 75E, EuroBird2 26E at 26E. Disec SWITCH
My Location
Amritsar
akay56 said:
hi everybody

i have read the threads regarding dishtv and tata sky working in the middle east with a lot of interest.

i am interested in setting up tata sky in medan, indonesia. I already have the tata sky decoder/stb here. from the various links posted in the threads i have figured out the following:

from dishpointer.com the lat/long of medan is:
Address: MEDAN
Latitude: 3.578°
Longitude: 98.661°
Satellite distance: 36083 Km

from dishpointer.com the dish setup data is:
Elevation:71.1°
Azimuth (true): 257.4°
Azimuth (magn.): 258.0°
LNB skew: 77.0°
Dish skew: 90.0°

on the same website it says that Medan is outside the footprint of Insat4A Ku band, however Medan does fall in the footprint of the C band. Dubai, Riyadh and other middle east cities are also clearly outside the footprint of Ku band, however many people on this forum have clearly shared that they are getting tata sky in their respective cities.

Now how should I go about setting up the system here. satellite dish antennas are quite popular in Indonesia, so i feel the hardware required should be available. most of the dishes are aluminium mesh types except for the ones given by the local DTH operators (Astro and Indovision).

the questions are:
what kind of dish should i use?
what size should it be?
what lnb should i use?
should i follow the dishpointer dish setup data or it should be modified?
other things to keep in mind?

i look forward to everybodys help, i will be really obliged.

thanks and regards
ash.
**w.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/nss6_india.html see i guess u are far away from this coverage....... this is of nss6 at 95E..... tata is at 83E...... but signal strenght is somewhat same.......... **w.isro.org/insat-4a/images/innerbig_10.jpg

so possibilty to catch is too low........

but if u really wanna may try with 12 foot solid Dish........

Universal ku band LNB..........

and first try to get ku band of 78.5E...... were u get that nearby will be 83E............

but i guess u are very new to this,........ so leave this Idea and try what u can easily get...........
 
D

dexter_a

Member
Messages
7
My Satellite Setup
I have 80 cm dish with a TATA SKY LNB INSTALLED.
My Location
Chennai,India
Hi iam based in Jakarta , Indonesia ... I have a 80 cm (Indovision) dish and TATA SKY LNB .. could you please help me out with the elevation stuff and azimuth ..pls Iam not able to get signal here

Yours
dexter_a
 
S

sunilmamgain

Member
Messages
5
My Satellite Setup
Free to air dish
My Location
Indonesia
Hi There,

I live in Malang in East Jawa and got a dish TV STB and LNB. Tried hard to install using Indovision dish with the help of local technician. Hard luck buddy. The Dish TV technicians in India say that it would not work as there are no foot prints of NSS 6 in this area. However, these satellites cover the whole area. I would try using another technician from Surabaya now. One of my friends in Surabaya has Zee TV decoader and they are receiving it. Dish TV is owned by Zee TV so I still have a faint hope it can possibly work. Another friend tried Tatasky in Malang but he could not get anything.

Please explore a possibility in Jakarta, where techican expertise shoudl be much bigger than Medan and Surabaya.

good luck to all of us who got the STBs from India.
Cheers
Sunil

akay56 said:
hi everybody

i have read the threads regarding dishtv and tata sky working in the middle east with a lot of interest.

i am interested in setting up tata sky in medan, indonesia. I already have the tata sky decoder/stb here. from the various links posted in the threads i have figured out the following:

from dishpointer.com the lat/long of medan is:
Address: MEDAN
Latitude: 3.578°
Longitude: 98.661°
Satellite distance: 36083 Km

from dishpointer.com the dish setup data is:
Elevation:71.1°
Azimuth (true): 257.4°
Azimuth (magn.): 258.0°
LNB skew: 77.0°
Dish skew: 90.0°

on the same website it says that Medan is outside the footprint of Insat4A Ku band, however Medan does fall in the footprint of the C band. Dubai, Riyadh and other middle east cities are also clearly outside the footprint of Ku band, however many people on this forum have clearly shared that they are getting tata sky in their respective cities.

Now how should I go about setting up the system here. satellite dish antennas are quite popular in Indonesia, so i feel the hardware required should be available. most of the dishes are aluminium mesh types except for the ones given by the local DTH operators (Astro and Indovision).

the questions are:
what kind of dish should i use?
what size should it be?
what lnb should i use?
should i follow the dishpointer dish setup data or it should be modified?
other things to keep in mind?

i look forward to everybodys help, i will be really obliged.

thanks and regards
ash.
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
47,871
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Tata is broadcast on tight beams that favour India - you have very little hope of getting anything without a very big dish indeed.

As we have no positive information about reception conditions in Indonesia Im afraid the only way to go forward is to either find someone with a working installation and copy their dish setup, or find an installer that is willing to bring various big dishes and see what happens, although I wouldnt be at all surprised if you need something bigger than 3m (10 feet) diameter.

Either way its going to be an expensive exercise.
 
D

dexter_a

Member
Messages
7
My Satellite Setup
I have 80 cm dish with a TATA SKY LNB INSTALLED.
My Location
Chennai,India
Bro i think there has to be some change in the FREQUENCY , SYMBOL RATE , Etc parameters .. because i tried to point the dish West and North direction from Jakarta with 61.83 elevation i didn't even get weak signals .......
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
47,871
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The signals reaching Jakarta will be miniscule, so its no surprise you dont get anything on an 80 cm dish.
 
D

dexter_a

Member
Messages
7
My Satellite Setup
I have 80 cm dish with a TATA SKY LNB INSTALLED.
My Location
Chennai,India
Bro is there a possibility for receiving signal in 80 cm dish ?
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
47,871
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
dexter_a said:
Bro is there a possibility for receiving signal in 80 cm dish ?
Not that I know of - there are no reports of successful Tata Sky reception in Indonesia that I have seen.


You have 3 options.

1) Move to India - or somewhere nearer that is inside the transmission footprint of the Indian beam of NSS6.

2) Invest a lot of time and money in trying various big and very big dishes to see if any of them work, with no guarantee of success.

3) Do without.


Unfortunately you have been caught by the physics of satellite transmission - if you live outside the main transmission area then you need very big dishes indeed to grab the exceeding faint signals reaching you.

There is a man in Brazil likes to watch German TV off the European satellites. He built a dish that is over 8m (25 feet) in diameter just so he could get the signals! (And he doesnt get all of them - just a few of the frequencies)
 
D

dexter_a

Member
Messages
7
My Satellite Setup
I have 80 cm dish with a TATA SKY LNB INSTALLED.
My Location
Chennai,India
oh.. ok bro
 
D

dvsri

Member
Messages
1
My Satellite Setup
nokia
My Location
indonesia
Hi all ,
we have been trying in samarinda .
are there different powers of KU band LNB , that may be available in the market ?? to substitute the one provided in the start up kit by TATA sky ?? by the way which azimuth should the dish be pointed from Samarinda to get insat4A signal ??
 
M

maxioman

Member
Messages
13
My Satellite Setup
Venus , 6 feet , C band LnB
Venus Meteor
Venus Positioner and Actuator
My Location
Jakarta,Indonesia
There has been some discussion on NSS6 and Insat 4A in _www.kotasatelit.com
one indonesian claims he had recieved india beam for nss6. please check with him.
 
Aafancier

Aafancier

Regular Member
Messages
60
My Satellite Setup
Zenega 95010-07073 Homecast, 42 E, 25.5 E, 95 E, 93.5E, 75E, 90E, 105.5 & 100.5 E C band, FTA STB, 90 cm ku band Dish, 120 cm Dish, Dishtv 70 cm Dish, Sun Dish, Big tv Dish. Di-sec Switch
My Location
India
may he have solid 16 foot .................
 
M

maxioman

Member
Messages
13
My Satellite Setup
Venus , 6 feet , C band LnB
Venus Meteor
Venus Positioner and Actuator
My Location
Jakarta,Indonesia
no using 6 feet solid and fuji lnb.
 
M

maxioman

Member
Messages
13
My Satellite Setup
Venus , 6 feet , C band LnB
Venus Meteor
Venus Positioner and Actuator
My Location
Jakarta,Indonesia
i also met a guy in forumsatalit.com who claims he had all the dish tv tps locked. i tried in jakarta i could get even the ne beam but not for the india beam. i think it should be possible for the videocon on st-1.
 
P

preeti

Member
Messages
1
My Satellite Setup
tata sky,i will soon be shifting to surabaya,can i take my tata sky there ?
My Location
mumbai
hi Sunil,
i will be moving to surabaya in 10 -15 days .i wanna have some knowledge about transmission and whether my tata sky will work there or not and if yes what all i should carry for that.i will be glad if u can give me ur friends contact no in surabaya cos i might be needing their veiw about the schools for my son(6th std here in mumbai).and what all do u suggest me to take along to surabaya (which we might not get there)
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
47,871
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
preeti said:
hi Sunil,
i will be moving to surabaya in 10 -15 days .i wanna have some knowledge about transmission and whether my tata sky will work there or not and if yes what all i should carry for that.i will be glad if u can give me ur friends contact no in surabaya cos i might be needing their veiw about the schools for my son(6th std here in mumbai).and what all do u suggest me to take along to surabaya (which we might not get there)
See post #7 and the ones following it for starters :D
 
S

sunilmamgain

Member
Messages
5
My Satellite Setup
Free to air dish
My Location
Indonesia
preeti said:
hi Sunil,
i will be moving to surabaya in 10 -15 days .i wanna have some knowledge about transmission and whether my tata sky will work there or not and if yes what all i should carry for that.i will be glad if u can give me ur friends contact no in surabaya cos i might be needing their veiw about the schools for my son(6th std here in mumbai).and what all do u suggest me to take along to surabaya (which we might not get there)
Hi, I do not think anyone is having tata sky in surabaya. I live in Malang which is 80 km from surabaya. . I would be glad if I can be of any help to you. Cheers
Sunil

[nomail]rolfw[/nomail]
 
M

maxioman

Member
Messages
13
My Satellite Setup
Venus , 6 feet , C band LnB
Venus Meteor
Venus Positioner and Actuator
My Location
Jakarta,Indonesia
sunilmamgain said:
Hi, I do not think anyone is having tata sky in surabaya. I live in Malang which is 80 km from surabaya. . I would be glad if I can be of any help to you. Cheers
Sunil

[nomail]rolfw[/nomail]
The closest to indian dth you can get is dialog tv in Indonesia. I am able to get it with 8 foot on clear sky days.
 
M

maxioman

Member
Messages
13
My Satellite Setup
Venus , 6 feet , C band LnB
Venus Meteor
Venus Positioner and Actuator
My Location
Jakarta,Indonesia
Hi Indonesian Indian,

I found that i able to receive Dialog Tv from srilanka in jakarta which has a good mix of tamil,hindi and criket.

so you shud be able to recieve in medan as well.

Regards
Manohar
 
Top