TATA SKY on NON TATA SKY STB

pranay91

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Qatar
Hey Guys Im just wondering if using Tata Sky on a STB other than the one provided by Tata Sky would increase its quality.
Because a lot of ppl here in Qatar are doing that and they seem to recive dvd quality unlike when u use a Tata sky dish and STB. Maybe becuase ppl here are using a C band dish is that any difference?

srei

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coship receiver 2000,Dreambox 500;2 ku3cband dishes of 2,4,6&8feet,amd 64 pc with 1GB ram usb tv tuner card
My Location
north west india
It could just be a happy coincidence bro,the quality of reception has mostly to do with receiver and LNB ,dish size is not relevant here.

pranay91

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Qatar
sorry i didnt mean dish size, that doesnt hve any effect on quality, I meant the LNB. Maybe the LNB tata sky provides is rubbish qulaity just like their STB. People using tata sky here are using own LNBs from the market and that could be the reason.

Dushie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S,
Ahtlon 64 machine
My Location
India
well you can always buy expensive lnb's to try it out, as far as i know lnb's would only help in improving signal quality and strength, the reception will be the same as to what the broadcaster is beaming, as far as the box is concerned definitely, having a expensive or a better box would improve the picture quality but not by much, what makes the difference is the type of output, like big tv has component out and the picture quality is much better than tata sky

svpmohan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Multi Lnb dish, pointed to Astra1 &2, Hotbird and 23°.Dreambox and one FTE receiver.
My Location
Belgium
Dushie said:
well you can always buy expensive lnb's to try it out, as far as i know lnb's would only help in improving signal quality and strength, the reception will be the same as to what the broadcaster is beaming, as far as the box is concerned definitely, having a expensive or a better box would improve the picture quality but not by much, what makes the difference is the type of output, like big tv has component out and the picture quality is much better than tata sky

The quality of the tuner found in the box plays a role as well.

srei

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coship receiver 2000,Dreambox 500;2 ku3cband dishes of 2,4,6&8feet,amd 64 pc with 1GB ram usb tv tuner card
My Location
north west india
Yes,the box plays a definite role,you get three receivers of different brands and see the difference in quality.

j2kthunder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishtv my set top box is zenega CD-1004iS
My Location
visakhapatnam
Hi pranay you said guys in Quatar are using the Set Top Box other than the one provided by TATA SKY ? what is the STB they are using and I think the TATA SKY STB's are locked wit the access cards isnt that correct? DO the access cards work with other STB's as well ! then what are those STB's ?

vvimal9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IBM Laptop, Humax with 90 cm dish
My Location
Karwar
IMHO, tata cards wont work in other boxes (in the current conditions). If it has then it should work well with dreamboxes too which is not the case.

Pranay91 appreciate if you can clarify.