TBS 5922 "spikes"

A

archive10

I have a strange behaviour from my TBS 5922 USB receiever.
The first scan i do (with Crazyscan) comes back nicely.
The sceond one, even after just a few seconds, exhibits spikes in the graph - particularly for horizontals, and most markedly in the lower part of the Ku band.

First scan (19.2E):
Astar192E_1stScan.png

Second scan (19.2E):
Astar192E_2ndScan.png

I have tried three different LNBs, two different dishes/cablings (dedicated 75cm, CM180 w. multiswitch), so I am fairly confident this is a receiver problem.

Once the spikes have set in, it is clear that tuning near the spikes gives noticably worse results.

Only thing left is to try USB extension cable to get the receiver away from the Computer, and if that doesn't work, use a different computer. (The computer is a massive high-frequency generator itself!)

Anybody seen anything like this before?

margusten

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DR.HD F15, TBS-5925, Dream 800PVR, GM TripleX
Aerial AS24 polarmount 95E - 13E Ku+C, fixed 3M 28.2E, 27.5W ...
My Location
Estonia
I see You have spikes only on horizontal polarization. I've seen similar spikes, even worse and one polarization less allways. Bad antenna cable, sometimes too long. Diseq can be bad too, full of water ...

A

archive10

I see You have spikes only on horizontal polarization. I've seen similar spikes, even worse and one polarization less allways. Bad antenna cable, sometimes too long. Diseq can be bad too, full of water ...
I see.
But it is quite strange that this doesn't apply to the first scan - only on second and subsequent ones...
If the cable was full of water, surely the first scan would be as the following ones?