TCPView for NT/2000/XP/9x

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I have found a nice little utility for all those who want to know what is going on with their TCP and UDPconnections. I don't want to cause any offence to copyright 'n stuff, so I did not attach the program, but it is free and available from http://www.sysinternals.com. I have attached a screenshot of it working on my puter (if anyone sees something alarming let me know! )
Below is an extract of the help file.

And finally: If there is a place on this site where threads/utilities like these can be permanently displayed rather than disappearing in the sea of old threads, please move it there!

T_G

TCPView
Copyright 1997-2002 Mark Russinovich
http://www.sysinternals.com

Introduction

TCPView is a Windows program that will show you detailed listings of all TCP and UDP endpoints on your system, including the owning process name, remote address and state of TCP connections. TCPView provides a conveniently presented subset of the Netstat program that ships with Windows NT/2000/XP.

TCPView requires Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

Using TCPView

When you start TCPView it will enumerate all active TCP and UDP endpoints, resolving all IP addresses to their domain name versions. You can use a toolbar button or menu item to toggle the display of resolved names. On Windows NT, 2000 and XP systems TCPView shows the name of the process that owns each endpoint.

By default, TCPView updates every second, but you can use the View|Update Speed menu item to change the rate. Endpoints that change state from one update to the next are highlighted in yellow; those that are deleted are shown in red, and new endpoints are shown in green.

You can close established TCP/IP connections (those labeled with a state of ESTABLISHED) by selecting File|Close Connections, or by right-clicking on a connection and choosing Close Connections from the resulting context menu.

You can save TCPView's output window to a file using the Save menu item.