TD and Sky card

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I am in the position in buying a Triple Dragon and need to know before i spend my hard earned cash that it's able to use the Sky card in the box with some kind of emulator or software installed?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Likvid said:
I am in the position in buying a Triple Dragon and need to know before i spend my hard earned cash that it's able to use the Sky card in the box with some kind of emulator or software installed?

Yes it does, google for loads of answers using triple dragon & sky cards. Sure there is something here about it too.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
It's hard reading on the Triple Dragons forum on the net as most are either Dutch or German and i have to translate all the time.

Do you know if i can run the Sky card in one of the card slots in the TD?

Or do i need to use a Dragon CAM?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
As john says, it can be done, although I wasn't successful a while ago with an earlier image, the cardreaders obstinately refused to power up. Client and server files need some manipulation.

I'll be having another go with the latest Beerman image and let you know how I get on.

Llew

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Llew said:
As john says, it can be done, although I wasn't successful a while ago with an earlier image, the cardreaders obstinately refused to power up. Client and server files need some manipulation.

I'll be having another go with the latest Beerman image and let you know how I get on.

Llew

What choices are there for TD? is it either Beerman or the official image?

And how is Beermans latest image?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Likvid said:
What choices are there for TD? is it either Beerman or the official image?

And how is Beermans latest image?

Plenty of images for the TD, the latest is the Black Dragon (USB version) but I'm happy enough with the Beerman, a good choice to 'have a play with' if you are new to the TD.

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Likvid said:

Yes, working OK now ( had a wrong boxkey digit)

Llew

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Ok i got it running with Beerman and Newcamd easily but i have some real problems with Black Dragon 2.0A to make it run with the Sky card.

If i choose Evocamd + NewCS in the meny everything works fine after i added my BOXID into newcs.xml file.

If i choose Mgcamd + NewCS nothing happens, black screen.

Is there something that i am missing here for making Mgcamd working?