TDSAT notices to Tatasky , India TV

D

deleted

Broadcast tribunal TDSAT has issued a notice to Direct-to-Home (DTH) operator TataSky for not including two news channels India TV and Total TV on its platform despite promises made to its customers. The tribunal has also issued notices to India TV and Total TV asking why their channels were not available despite being free-to-air channels.
Accepting a petition filed by a Haryana-based consumer society, the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal headed by Justice Arun Kumar directed all of them to file their replies within two weeks. The society alleged that during its promotional campaign, TataSky had assured customers in the NCR these channels would be available.
TataSky is an 80:20 joint venture between Tata and broadcast major Star. A G Sharma, counsel appearing for the society, said these channels were popular in the NCR region because of their local news content. Members of the society subscribed to TataSky believing the representations made by the DTH operator to be true, he said.
“But to their utter shock and surprise these two channels were not included on their DTH platform, inspite of their clear assurances and commitments,” the petition said. During the proceedings, TataSky’s counsel Ramji Srinivasan contended the petition was not maintainable as the tribunal had no jurisdiction over such matters. However, the tribunal said the matter would be discussed later at length. The common people should not be dissuaded from getting justice on such grounds, it said.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=14787

raleigh22

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky, Thomson STB
My Location
Mumbai, India
Never saw any official Tata Sky material that promised those channels.
I think it was the local distributer who in his enthusiasm to make a sale promised the customers those channels :p

hehe, I'm kind of happier not having India TV - the worst news channel :p

Actually they had promised Music Choice Radio channels which have not come yet. But I'm guessing that theyre having problems clearing those radio channels with I&B Ministry again. All the radio channels on DishTV are already broadcasting in India.

hitman1980

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Satellite Setup
TataSky, Humax STB
My Location
India, New Delhi
Someone should send them notice for other channels like zoom, halmark, janmat etc also :D ..... I agree India Tv is the worst news channel ever... No ethics... No real news just more a masala type channel... Other news channels too r bad but not to tht extent ;)