• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

TDSAT rejects broadcasters plea

rohit0103

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky- Thomson STB
My Location
Pune india
Broadcast tribunal TDSAT on Tuesday rejected an appeal by private broadcasters Set Discovery and ESPN Star Sports against regulator TRAI's order fixing Rs 5 as price of channels to be offered under the new cable TV delivery system - CAS.

Read the story here

[fieldset=Admin_Message]Edited to remove long link that was pushing the frames right out of kilter A/S[/fieldset]

rohit0103

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky- Thomson STB
My Location
Pune india
After failing to get any relief from broadcast tribunal TDSAT, Direct-To-Home (DTH) satellite TV operator TataSky has now approached the Delhi High Court seeking directions to broadcaster Sun TV to share its feed.

Read the story here

[fieldset=Admin_Message]Edited to remove very long link A/S[/fieldset]

rohit0103

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky- Thomson STB
My Location
Pune india
ttp://www.business-standard.com/iceworld/storypage.php?tab=r&autono=275785&subLeft=4&leftnm=8

The Prasar Bharati is all set to drop the concept of charging carriage fees of Rs 1 crore per broadcaster for hosting their channels, a move that is likely to attract host of news, entertainment

raleigh22

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky, Thomson STB
My Location
Mumbai, India
rohit0103 said:
Broadcast tribunal TDSAT on Tuesday rejected an appeal by private broadcasters Set Discovery and ESPN Star Sports against regulator TRAI's order fixing Rs 5 as price of channels to be offered under the new cable TV delivery system - CAS.
Though I don't support the ridiculously low rate of Rs. 5 per channel per month, I also don't understand why it should apply only to CAS and not to DTH. Both systems do not have the previous drawback where noone knew the real number of customers, so there is no justification to let broadcasters still charge DTH viewers higher rates. )(-red
They should have realistic rates for both CAS and DTH.

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
rohit0103 said:
ttp://www.business-standard.com/iceworld/storypage.php?tab=r&autono=275785&subLeft=4&leftnm=8

The Prasar Bharati is all set to drop the concept of charging carriage fees of Rs 1 crore per broadcaster for hosting their channels, a move that is likely to attract host of news, entertainment
This Link seems to be availbale only for Premium users.:-Nooo.Pls chk yourself first before posting the links.

rohit0103

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky- Thomson STB
My Location
Pune india
Hareesh said:
This Link seems to be availbale only for Premium users.:-Nooo.Pls chk yourself first before posting the links.
yes..i know..i gave the link as the source for the news..(incomplete as it may be)..as a proof of the info being real..apologies if it caused any confusion..