Technical question about Grundig GDS 300

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
First Problem: When I see a movie it is clearly visible that the picture is clipped on both sides. This is visible because it cuts the names of the actors etc. I tried all the settings for the picture such as 16/9 etc, but no help. Anyone got an idea? It is not the TV either, because the same program will be fine when using my Dreambox receiver on the same TV.

Second Problem: When using the remote you can scroll to see the programs that are coming later. If you press select you can add a program to the schedule. The problem is, that some while ago I could press select, and then the menu for the personal planner opened and I could select "Auto View" and "Series Link". For some strange reason this is no longer the case. It only will mark the program, but I cannot add the other options.
Don't know why....

Third question: For these boxes, is there a software update one should make once a while with a forced upload through the satellite?

I know this is an old dog of a receiver, but.....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The setting should be letterbox T_G, works fine on the other Grundigs I've used.

You can always try a forced update, but if you can see the default transponder, you should be uptodate.

The autoview feature may not now be available with the FTV cards.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Our Panasonic 30 changed its option from saying 'letterbox' to '4:3L' in one of the more recent software upgrades.

I have noticed before that when some of the options change the box initially does something other than what it is claiming to, selecting a different option, saving it, then re selecting the one you want sometimes sorts it. Might be worth trying an output you don’t want then reselecting letterbox to see if it clears it.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
rolfw said:
The setting should be letterbox T_G, works fine on the other Grundigs I've used.

You can always try a forced update, but if you can see the default transponder, you should be uptodate.

The autoview feature may not now be available with the FTV cards.

Forced update? Is this the one wherer you pull the plug, then press on the off button while re plugging it?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The backup button on the receiver and keep it pressed until all of the lights flash.