technisat technibox cam 1 plus

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-Feb-02 AT 01:09 AM (GMT)]hello to you all

my very first post
now i have i problem i can not hear itn news radio now this channel is free to air i was think if any one else had this problem i have just updated the software but the receiver thinks it is encyrpted
frequency 12--032h
symbol rate 27.500
fec 2/3
service id 07211
this channel comes from astra at 28.2 east
i hope some one can help me the firm thinks its a software fault.
yours
satelliteman:7

very sorry i have put this on the wrong forum

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Had a look at the fequency with my digibox (without card in) and the ITN news clears, what you may be doing by mistake, is selecting the ITV channel which is also located on that frequency, you may wish to check the pids.

Rolf

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-Feb-02 AT 12:43 PM (GMT)]hi rolf w

can you let me see what pids you have for this channel you have got first then i will let you look at my pids i have had this trouble since i brought the receiver
thank you for replying to my post
yours
satelliteman:-)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Should be on 2311 not to be confused with the ITN news channel, see http://www.satcodx2.com/0282/eng/ for all information.

Rolf

S

satelliteman

hi rolf w

do you mean the audio pid or the pcr pid beacuse if you do my is
pcr pid 02304
audio pid 02333
if possible how can you put this problem right i have done every think to get it right but nothing has worked
thank you for replying
yours
satelliteman;-)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately haven't had any experience with your receiver, but if you can alter the audio pid, then try that first. If you are able to do a scan on a single transponder, that may provide a better solution, the audio pid you are using is not shown for any channels on that transponder.

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just had a look at the Technisat site Satelliteman, it would appear that a single transponder scan is possible and should renveal the up to date settings, in fact they recommend periodic scanning.

Rolf

S

satelliteman

hi rolf w

thanks i can not change the pid on my receiver at all and when i scan no change so i guess i have found out what is wrong if i want to hear it i guess i will have to get a new receiver i am think about the one of the gbsat range of satellite receivers just going to check the lyngsat charts to see what it is there.
thanks for replying
any more help is very welcome
yours
satelliteman
have asked in other forums but had no luck at all:7

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-Feb-02 AT 01:43 PM (GMT)]May well be worth trying to delete the transponder and then re-scan, I've just switched everything over to my Hyundai and the channel works no problems. Also check your sound settings and make sure it is set on main channel.

Rolf

S

satelliteman

hi

just checked the lyng charts and they have the same pid as i have
which is audio pid 02333 so so where there is a mix up
can i ask if any on out there has a free to air digital s

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-Feb-02 AT 01:54 PM (GMT)]Satelliteman, can you get any of the other radio channels on that satellite? I looked also at Lyngsat, the satcodx one must be out of date, but if you are scanning it, then you should be able to hear it, I've just had it loud and clear on the hyundai. It may of course be the software as you say has been suggested.

Rolf

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-Feb-02 AT 02:11 PM (GMT)]hi

i have re scan it delete it and still know change at at all so i dont know what else i can do was the settings the same when you scaned it on your hyundai was it 2311 or 2333 i can get all the other radio channels loud and clear i would just like to know
if any one has the same receiver as i have or any other technisat receiver i would be very pleased to hear from you
thanks you for replying
yours
satelliteman:7

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately mine doesn't show the pids, which can be a real pain in the butt sometimes, not a problem most of the time. So is it actually displaying the scrambled channel logo in the screen?

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, I've now found the pid section (shows how little I play with the thing) and it's showing 2333.

Rolf

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-Feb-02 AT 02:25 PM (GMT)]>Unfortunately mine doesn't show the pids, which can be a
>real pain in the butt sometimes, not a problem most of the
>time. So is it actually displaying the scrambled channel
>logo in the screen?
>
>Rolf

satelliteman

mine also shows a key when it is an encyrpted channel but you can still hear this channel well i will just have to wait and see what else comes up
mean time thank you for all your help on this problem i think my self its down to the software thats in the receiver.
yours
satelliteman

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-Feb-02 AT 02:32 PM (GMT)]>Sorry, I've now found the pid section (shows how little I
>play with the thing) and it's showing 2333.
>
>Rolf

satelliteman

thanks for that so the first chart you sent me to must be out of date
well at least i know its now the same audio pid channel
well there is nothing else that can be done so it must be the software thats is in the box.
thanks
yours
satelliteman

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 18-Feb-02 AT 02:30 PM (GMT)]hello to you all

to put an end to the problems i have had with my technisat technibox cam on plus i have had an e mail back today from them this is want it say

this is the e mail

i am very sorry but i was informed by our technical department that our technibox cam 1 plus is not designed especially for the requirements of astra at 28 deg/east so it can not be guarantied that all radio channels will be available by software update i regret not to be able to give you a better answer.

so what do you lot think about this it cost me over 2 hundred pound for this receiver now got get a receiver for astra 28.2 east i am geting a gbsat receiver the technisat receiver will be for astra 19.2 east

i would like to know what all you members think about this
yours
satelliteman
now very mad about thisx(

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 18-Feb-02 AT 04:36 PM (GMT)]Hello Satelliteman

FYI I have just checked this one out on my Humax F1-CI, and can confirm FTA as follows:

ITN Radio 12032 h 27.5 2/3 APID 2333 PCR PID 2304.

I would have thought it to be very strange that ITN would use a transmission method that wasn't receivable by a particular set.

If you bought it from new, I think you should have a word with you supplier, perhaps he could try a swap out for you.

Regards

W.Hole

PS. The plot thickens.. I have just been back to check my receiver, and although the sound is still fine, there is a banner on screen saying 'service is not running or scrambled'.

This is the normal Humax message indicating that the signal/service *is* scrambled or is not running, so as it is clearly running, perhaps there is something odd about the ITN transmission.

PPS. I suppose that literaly the message says that the service is not running AND not scrambled, but we have to accept this sometimes odd use of English.

W.H.

S

satelliteman

>Hello Satelliteman
>
>FYI I have just checked this one out on my Humax F1-CI, and
>can confirm FTA as follows:
>
> ITN Radio 12032 h 27.5 2/3 APID 2333 PCR PID 2304.
>
>I would have thought it to be very strange that ITN would
>use a transmission method that wasn't receivable by a
>particular set.
>
>If you bought it from new, I think you should have a word
>with you supplier, perhaps he could try a swap out for you.
>
>Regards
>
>W.Hole
>
>PS. The plot thickens.. I have just been back to check my
>receiver, and although the sound is still fine, there is a
>banner on screen saying 'service is not running or
>scrambled'.
>
>This is the normal Humax message indicating that the
>signal/service *is* scrambled or is not running, so as it is
>clearly running, perhaps there is something odd about the
>ITN transmission.
>
>PPS. I suppose that literaly the message says that the
>service is not running AND not scrambled, but we have to
>accept this sometimes odd use of English.
>
>W.H.

satelliteman

hi w hole

not going to bother changeing it i will be using this receiver for astra 1 at 19.2 east there it should be ok to work as it should as for astra 2 at 28 . 2 east and eurobird at 28.5 east i will be geting a new receiver named gbsat from what i can see it looks a very good receiver but this time doing my home work first before i buy it
not have the same trouble i have just had.
thank you for replying
yours
satelliteman