Technology Overload.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Is it possible to run a satellite setup over wifi? Receiver, actuators etc.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can run most technology, using the internet.
Enigma 2 receivers can be viewed, controlled, and set up, using a virtual remote, using Open Webif, and probably other programs, and as your receiver can be linked to a network you should be able to access almost everything.
What are you thinking of doing?

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
You can run most technology, using the internet.
Enigma 2 receivers can be viewed, controlled, and set up, using a virtual remote, using Open Webif, and probably other programs, and as your receiver can be linked to a network you should be able to access almost everything.
What are you thinking of doing?
It is extremely difficult to run cables for a C band dish into my den because I would have to clip them along the fence and run across the front drive. I wanted to have a C band dish with two 36 v actuators near my workshop which as a power supply although the wifi is a bit weak there. Not sure if its possible or what electronics I would need.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Just connect to your receiver using Openwebif, your PC then controls the receiver, which controls the actuators.
You don't need anything extra, providing you have an Enigma 2 receiver, which automatically connects to your network.
Can a PC connect to your router, from your Den, or will you also need a WiFi extender?

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
Just connect to your receiver using Openwebif, your PC then controls the receiver, which controls the actuators.
You don't need anything extra, providing you have an Enigma 2 receiver, which automatically connects to your network.
Can a PC connect to your router, from your Den, or will you also need a WiFi extender?
. I can add a wifi extender or is it bette/ possible for me to use one of the lnb cables on my existing setup as that is easier to control the dish actuators from the E2 box in my den using 2 36 volt boxes in the workshop.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
36v actuators require a V-Box II, if using 2 actuators you'd require to run the 4 electric wires, x2, from your actators, to your V-Box II's, or controllers, then use 2 co-ax cables, from your V-Box II's to your twin tuner satellite receiver, to get it to work all from the one receiver.
The problem is that there are very few versions, of the V-Box II, due to lack of demand, and the ones I've seen are very basic.
You could probably make a 36v controller, which can be controlled from your WiFi, or network, but it would take time, and money, to get it to work.
Of course it would have been easier if they still made the SMR 1224 EL motor, I was going to attach a photo, but that feature isn't working, for me, at the moment, might be my browser.

The easiest thing would be to run a pipe, underground, where you could run all your cables, for now, and the future.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
TJ has a 1224 and elevation motor pending.