technomate 1000d

johnc86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Current set up
My Location
West Lancs, England
can i use this box to get freesat if i patch it or whatever?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
johnc86 said:
can i use this box to get freesat if i patch it or whatever?

Yes you can without patching it however you will still have a problem with the FTV channels that are still not free to air C4 C5 until 2009 although If I remember correctly someobody reported one or the other being broadcast FTA on another non standard frequency

johnc86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Current set up
My Location
West Lancs, England
ok one more question.

i currently live at my mums house. she cancelled sky. she now has way less channels than people with freeview (terrestrial) have. i assume this is satellite "free to air"?

now if i hook up my tehcnomate 1000d to the same dish il get "freesat"?

is that right?

if thats the case, how come my mums 4ky box isnt now a "freesat" reveiver if it uses the same bird?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Is this what you are referring to Topper .......10.729 V, 22.000 FEC 5/6 Tag 8350 = Ch4

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
johnc86 said:
if thats the case, how come my mums 4ky box isnt now a "freesat" reveiver if it uses the same bird?
It should get freesat and you cannot compare that with freeview, they are two completely different things. With Freeview I have 34 TV channels but at the moment freesat channels are not all up and running.

You should get these freesat channels

satelliteman said:
Is this what you are referring to Topper .......10.729 V, 22.000 FEC 5/6 Tag 8350 = Ch4

Cheers SM that's the cookie

johnc86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Current set up
My Location
West Lancs, England
ok. iv just had a check and my mums sky box (cancelled subscription) is now getting e4, and film 4. it never used to thought. so i presume this is coz of freesat yeah?

HOWEVER, it doesnt get dave. or living. are these channels not freesat channels????

im moving into a new house soon and i intend to install freesat hd, but for the time being im to poor. iv been offered a technomate 1000d and 90cm dish (both nearly new) for £60. the set up is currently on astra getting german stuff. will this be ok for freesat then?

is there a hack or patch or anything to make the tehcnomate 1000d look and feel similar to a proper freesat reciever?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
johnc86 said:
ok. iv just had a check and my mums sky box is now getting e4, and film 4. it neve rused to thought. so i presume this is coz of freesat yeah?

Yes
johnc86 said:
HOWEVER, it doesnt get dave. or living. are these channels not freesat channels????

No see the link in my previous post

johnc86 said:
im moving into a new house soon and i intend to install freesat hd, but for the time being im to poor. iv been offered a technomate 1000d and 90cm dish (both nearly new) for £60. the set up is currently on astra getting german stuff. will this be ok for freesat then?

I have already answered that question as well apart from the FTV channels

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
johnc86 said:
ok. iv just had a check and my mums sky box (cancelled subscription) is now getting e4, and film 4. it never used to thought. so i presume this is coz of freesat yeah?

is there a hack or patch or anything to make the tehcnomate 1000d look and feel similar to a proper freesat reciever?

Take their arm off, that's a fair deal.

Film4, E4, More4 etc.... are now FTA due to bbc freesat. Lots of info on here about this and had already been covered :)

johnc86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Current set up
My Location
West Lancs, England
i asked this (*edited*)

i would realy appreciate an answer to this. i am real greatful for the help you have geven me. cheers,

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No - if you want the freesat epg & functionality you buy a freesat box.

johnc86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Current set up
My Location
West Lancs, England
is this likely to change? ie will someone proberbly make a macked version of the epg that will run on linux based recievers?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Doubt it, they haven't produced anything worthwhile on the Dreambox for Sky and it's been several years.

johnc86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Current set up
My Location
West Lancs, England
how usable would the technomate be then? would i still see the times of programs coming on and stuff or just the channel names? could i personalize the channel numbers and names to suite myself to make it easier to use?

iv got a good idea about this kind of thing but without having a look at it set up im a little in the dark. thanks for your patience. its helpfull.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
With any free to air box you have full control over channel names, the order the channels appear on the epg etc.

The Technomate will give you the 200 or so fta channels that transmit in 28E no problem, all that will be missing is the full 7 day epg - you will get now & next only, and you wont get any interactive services.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It will probably give you now and next, but not much more than that, the benefits of these satellite receivers only become apparent when used on satellites other than Astra 28.2.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
and the now and next sometimes only show 'no information' :D

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
If you are used to a decent EPG like you Sky or Freesat you'd miss it on the Technomate and the other similar receivers. But after a while you get used to it. On some channels you get a full 24 hours worth, which is adequate, if you have never been spoilt by the likes of Sky+