Technomate 1500ci help/advice

Kam71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently none!
My Location
Europe
Guys

A good friend has asked me to pick him up a Technomate 1500ci. He's living in Turkey, has 3 dishes up one for hotbird one for turksat and one for nilesat.

He was advised by the local shop to buy an amstrad but an expat advised he'd be better off with a technomate as this can be patched to emulate encryption systems

What type of kit will he need with the technomate, will the recv on its own suffice, is it possb to buy one with all the patches installed, basically if someone can just post a list of all that he will need ie cables, cams , blank cards etc that will keep him going. He was told the tps is open at the mo but the more he invests in the technomate the better.

My knoweldge is virtually non exisitant so i may have missed things off etc...

Any help will be appreciated.

cheers

NickCY

Reaction score
Tell your friend to get the Technomate TM-1500 CI+ Super. Make sure it's the Super model because it can do a blind scan much faster than the regular TM-1500 CI+.

He won't need anything else, he'll just have to get the latest auto update patch from the alsat website. He can get it there for free :)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Much as Nicky says except that he will need a null modem cable to connect his PC to the receiver so he can download patches etc.
They are very cheap less than a fiver, and of course he will need a PC with internet connection.
The Technomate receiver's are very easy to use and are reasonable cheap.:)

Kam71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently none!
My Location
Europe
thanx guys, just want to confirm he definitely wont need a dragon cards or viaccess cams or card readers not that i know what any of em do lol etc just the technomate and a null cable.

He found out that it opened channels on hotbird will work on turksat or nilesat to?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No -

Nilesat uses an encryption system not compromised on the Technomate.

Most of the pay channels on Turksat use Videoguard and the same is true for them.

He will get the free channels of course.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Kam71 said:
He found out that it opened channels on hotbird will work on turksat or nilesat to?

As AG says no for Turksat and Nilesat, but it does open loads of channels on Astra 1 at 19 east like the Taquilla and Premiere channels which have loads of English language film channels, and he won't need cams or cards for this.

But be warned that these "free" channels can come and go very easily.:eek:

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
yes the technomate is worth it as theres currently open premiere and digital + 19east, tv cabo 30west and tps/multivision hotbird 13east

showtime is apparently open with gamma card on nilesat which also opens nova on hotbird but the card is 99 quid and you need a cas3 to program it