Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+ Super
Gibertini 1M Dish
Moteck SG-2100 Motor
My Location
North East Ireland
Hi All,

This evening I tried to do a blind scan on my motorised TM 1500CI+ Super but it would not scan.

The frequency display just flickers in the top corner and the progress display stays at 0%. I can't even do a transponder scan because when I try to enter the frequency it says "Invalid Frequency, please try again" even though I enter it correctly. It happens on all satellites that I try.

My software is up to date, v1.69 (08/06/2007), and I want to avoid a factory reset if possible.

Has anyone had this problem? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

All the best,

BrianJ

staffspeted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 driven by Supermount SMR 1224 mount.
V-Box 11
Triple Dragon Linux Receiver.
Vantage VT-X221TSCI Blindscan Receiver.
Diablo Wireless cam and base.
42" Panasonic Plasma.
50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma
Lots of boys toys!
My Location
Herts , UK
Could be your LNB Brian.
Have you checked your connectors cable etc.
Do you receive pictures when not scanning?

BrianJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+ Super
Gibertini 1M Dish
Moteck SG-2100 Motor
My Location
North East Ireland
Pictures are OK staffspeted. I just can't add channels/transponders on blind scan. Just remembered that I added a few new satellites the night before and scanned them in. Could one of them be causing a problem?

Might reload the channel defaults later to see.

Thanks for the help.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
From reading a review, I think your receiver can store up to 5000 channels, it might be that you have reached that number, or are close to it, check how many channels you currently have stored.

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
I agree with "Mickha", when this happens on my receivers I delete all the radio channels that have been stored to free up some memory.
I helps to do a bit of "housekeeping" with your receiver now and again by getting rid of stuff that is not needed, ie transponders that do not show any signs of life, scrambled and FTA channels that you do not watch and of course radio channels if you do not listen too them. It is also surprising how much "crud" a blind scan picks up, data channels etc.
Parky

BrianJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+ Super
Gibertini 1M Dish
Moteck SG-2100 Motor
My Location
North East Ireland
No problem on channel numbers; only up to about 3800. I usually get rid of radio channels.

I can do an ordinary scan through Auto Navigation but that only scans the current list of transponders.

I'm most interested in feeds so Blind scan is ideal but that's where I have the problem.

BTW, emailed Technomate support late last night hoping to receive a reply sometime today but nothing yet. I'v waited four days in the past for reply from TM to simple query!

BrianJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+ Super
Gibertini 1M Dish
Moteck SG-2100 Motor
My Location
North East Ireland
Hi all,

Just to say I solved my problem. Firstly, I saved my current channel list to PC, reinstalled the software, did a factory reset and reloaded the channel list but that did not work. I still could not do a blind scan.

The only thing for it was to do a factory reset again but this time rescan all satellites from scratch and not load the old list. Thankfully that did it.

Hope this might be usefull to someone else in the future. Thanks to all who made suggestions.

PS. Still no reply from TM!

BrianJ

staffspeted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 driven by Supermount SMR 1224 mount.
V-Box 11
Triple Dragon Linux Receiver.
Vantage VT-X221TSCI Blindscan Receiver.
Diablo Wireless cam and base.
42" Panasonic Plasma.
50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma
Lots of boys toys!
My Location
Herts , UK
Glad you got sorted Brian:)

red_dragon_za

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Delsat DSR5500, Radix DT100, Dreambox 500 & Multichoice Receivers plus Compro sat card
Dishes 1M, 80cm & 50cm. USB Stick for DTT (But no transmissions in Cape Town yet!!!)
My Location
South Africa
I emailed T'mate to ask if they had a supplier in S Africa and it took ten days to reply after the second email I sent!!!!!!!