Technomate 5400C1 loop out connector

Art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 CI+ USB PVR receiver
80cm Technomate 2200 Diseqc 1.2 motor
My Location
haydock
What would I be able to do with the loop out connection on the Technomate 5400C1,my son thinks that we can add a sky box through it and by using a "Genuine" sky card unlock the encryption and watch the many programs that are not available to watch on this particular receiver.
Any help on this would be appreciated..

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well assuming your dish is pointing at 28.2 East then the loop out will restrict you to watching the polarity of the TM controlling the lnb so if the TM is showing a horizontal channel then the digibox can only display the horizontal channels, as far as I am aware that will be the only restriction provided the card is mated with the sky digibox

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
If you put the Tehnomate into standby the Skybox should take over control of the LNB and receive everything it is supposed to.

Robbo:)

Art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haydock
Thanks for that gents,I have found a site selling real freesat cards for sky £20 so I will get one to try it out...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Art said:
Thanks for that gents,I have found a site selling real freesat cards for sky £20 so I will get one to try it out...

But you understand you will still only get the freesat channels unless you pay for a subscription and mate the card to the digibox as I said in the previous post
Sky is not compromised on satellite transmissions never has been and probably never will be

Art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haydock
I think you misunderstood what I was wanting Topper I dont want to get unauthorised programs I want only the freesat ones,My son has bought a year old box and card from a friend (£30) that has come on hard times and needs money quickly.

I have found a "Freesat"card on the web for £20 so the company that is selling them "satellite & digital services" has said that it will only work if ( his quote" )"the loop through becomes active when the technomate receiver is in standby"

That I think is what I was told by Robbo and is ample for our needs,if at some time my son wants the full package he can pay for it like anyone else.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I was just concerned you were reading something into my reply that I had no intention of implying, I'm glad you are sorted :)