Technomate 5500 DAPCI analog bugs.

drbob

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello,

I've recently upgraded my ancient echostar LT-8700 to a technomate TM-5500 DAPCI (that's the one with analog and digital)

Is it normal for the screen overlay (menus, now&next info etc) to be in black and white on analog channels? It makes selecting options linked to the the colour remote butons hard...

I use a se cam to pal transcoder, for the analog French channels on Atlantic bird, which worked fine with the echostar. If I try to use the transcoder with the technomate (by plugging it into the "decoder" scart and setting decoder to "PAL" in the analog search menu for each se cam channel) I get a colour picture but also have a vertical band of flickering black and white "noise" about 1/4 of the way in from the left of the screen and all the video overlay menus also flicker, though the tv picture is stable.

I think this is a video overlay bug, Has anyone else experienced this with the technomate stb? Would switching to a different se cam to pal transcoder help?

I've tried altering the settings under the TV System menu, but to no avail, and the colour adjustment menu isn't avaliable on the analog channels.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve these problems they'd be much appreciated.

regards,

drbob

jacko

Reaction score
hello drbob,
got the same receiver with same problems.
if you fix it let me know.
good luck

JohnC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
sorry that was a double click

JohnC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Samsung 50" TV
Humax Foxsat HD
My Location
Like you Ive upgraded from an Echostar SR 8700 and LT8700 to a Technomate TM-5500 DAP CI.... The black and white overlay and no colour control on analogue is normal......

The flickering down the left hand side is related to the Signal Strength/Quality meter that normaly comes up in the bottom left hand corner when you change channels.

This problem usualy shows itself up if a signal is on the weak side...... the fluctuating signal strength constantly triggers the appearence of this information.... hence it strobes down the left hand side... but for some reason it dosnt seem to like Secam no matter what the signal strength is..

I must admit its a darn nuesence.... but one of the charecteristics of the receiver, in my opinion.....

It would be nice if Technomate could introduce an update in the software where-by we could manualy disable the thing altogether if we want to.

Regards John

drbob

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
JohnC said:
The flickering down the left hand side is related to the Signal Strength/Quality meter that normaly comes up in the bottom left hand corner when you change channels.

This problem usualy shows itself up if a signal is on the weak side...... the fluctuating signal strength constantly triggers the appearence of this information.... hence it strobes down the left hand side... but for some reason it dosnt seem to like S*cam no matter what the signal strength is..

I'm not sure I have the the same problem, the signal is v strong and the constant flickering "noise" isn't just in the bottom left, it's in a vertical bar from the top to the bottom of the screen abround 1/4 of the way in from the left. there is a gap in the "noise" where the channel info/signal strength meter appears. Is this what you see, or just flickering in the bottom left? The overlay menus also flicker but this isn't a big problem as they disappear after a couple of seconds.

regards,

drbob

JohnC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Samsung 50" TV
Humax Foxsat HD
My Location
Sorry drbob..... I misread your posting........
Ill let you know if I find out more.
All the best John