Technomate 5500 dapci

Moschino

Reaction score
Hiya
im very new to all this this is my first project ive bought my self a technomate 5500 dapci receiver and i also have a 1 metre unicorn prime focus dish pointing towards hot bird 13 east with a invacom 0.3db c120 lnb with a universal feed horn i can pick up fta channels now i was wondering does the technomate come with any kind of built in or patched cam thing its got 2 ci slots and thats about it i was browsing the channel menu and i came across edit channel pid and it had video and sound and something else pid i could enter keys in decimal or hex format i think they were about 5 or 6 digits long consisiting of words and numbers now was wondering what were those all about are they there to decrypt the channel or wehat if not im also im thinking of getting a DisecQ 1.2 stab motor for the dish and a matrix reloaded cam but i dont know much about them what do they do. are they like a all in one cam wich decrypt all cams like iredeto conax viaccess and so on also whats the best came if not matrix reloaded maybe someone can shed some light on this whole issue would be gratefull also if someone could point out what equipment should i get next also i havnt managed to find any decenmt site with technomate receiver tricks and tips and stuff sad really such a nice receiver but nothing to back it up also if someone could shed some light on this issue aswell thanks all. appreciated

MoschinoUk

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 640 Prescott (3.20 Ghz)
Memory 1024 MB DDR RAM - (2x 512 MB - PC3200)
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
Hard Drive 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA 6B300S0 Skystar 2 usb 1.1mtr steerable dish Manhattan XT[CM, Quali 1080ir
My Location
London [South East]
To Moschino re Technomate Hi I am also thinking of purchasing the same to add to my systems, but cannot give u any tech info on your question, however if you go to the site that I am going to give you, they have tons on info on receivers and cams, I have purchased from them and they are reliable, there is also an address where you can ask your question. They have all kinds of cams for technomate.http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/ Hope you will find this of some help to you, there is tons of stuff so be prepared to search thru their pages Regards

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't help too much with the Technomate tricks and tips MoschinoUk, but we do have more than a couple of members who drive them. I would hold off for a short while before choosing your CAM, have just heard some nice things about the Ultra CAM and hopefully will be taking delivery of one in the next few days. You certainly can't go too far wrong with a MR though, they are constantly trying to improve the firmware and performance.

Moschino

Reaction score
Thanks for the info fellas very much appreciated just did a vin update using a null modem cable i made and it worked lol. Where it is to sattelite superstore ive bought a few items from then and they are very professional in their work no doubt and good people to deal with. also was browsing for a deal for a matrix reloaded cam and stumbled across somit called a dragon cam claiming to be so much better and faster than MR in every way possible as it is a x in 1 or somit maybe someone could shed some light on this please thanks. holding back on the cam buying yet as rolfw said. thanks fellas appreciated

uriah

Reaction score
Sorry not an answer... a question from another 'green' DIY'er! Well we all have to start somewhere!!
Have a TM 5000DAPCI, Jeager H-H motor, Triax 88cm dish...
I found that the azimuth setting on the motor was not set to zero (as required to set the initial angles), so I made a temporary connection the motor.
The Technomate blurb suggests that to 'manualy' move the dish, you go Installation/Auto Search/Move Motor... the only option being 5000 (?). When I press the L or R arrows to move the dish, nothing happens to the dish and I get a pop-up saying 'Reach To The East Limit'...? Any suggestions?