Technomate 5500ci super diseqc problem

C

cableman

Regular Member
Messages
106
Likes
0
#1
For two years I have been using my 5500ci super for Hotbird only. Recently tried to set up two way diseqc switching with a diseqc switch which I bought some time ago. I could not get it to switch(asigning hotbird as port A and astra as port B in the menu.) Took switch to my local sat shop ( I did not buy the switch from them) and they could not make it function either. So I bought another, this time a 4 way with lnb ports 1,2,3 and 4. I saw this one work in the shop on their Kaon receiver and the set-up was basically as I had been doing at home. Took this new switch home and set Hotbird as port A in techy menu and connected port 1 of switch to Hotbird lnb and Astra as port B in techy menu and connected port 2 of switch to my Astra lnb. Again as before, the technomate failed to switch between lnbs. If I connect each lnb in turn directly to the dsr I have no signal problems. I have tried reversing the lnb order, but no good.
Each time I can only get port 1 of the diseqc switch to show a signal. I'm tearing out what little hair I have left(and my freinds know that's not much).
I dont understand how the receiver can be faulty and I have had a software upgrade recently and with both softs. I have the same problem.
Any ideas please would be much appreciated.
 
J

jacko

Regular Member
Messages
304
Likes
12
Location
tenerife
#2
hello,
if your settings in your satellite set up menu for the
switch are 1 and 2 for astra and hotbird.
try connections 3 and 4 on the switch.
dont forget to SAVE the settings for the switch in sat set up menu.
good luck.
 
C

cableman

Regular Member
Messages
106
Likes
0
#3
jacko said:
hello,
if your settings in your satellite set up menu for the
switch are 1 and 2 for astra and hotbird.
try connections 3 and 4 on the switch.
dont forget to SAVE the settings for the switch in sat set up menu.
good luck.
Thank you jacko for your advice. I have since resolved the problem which was that I had diseqc set to diseqc1..2 and should have set to motor Disabled. Now all works fine. Thanks again though m8.
 
Top