DM500s Receiver
also
Gemini 90 Dish
Stab HH120 Motor
Smart Titanium LNB
My Location
Surrey/Hampshire
Hi chaps.

Ive got a Technomate 5500CI super with no cams or cards.

Ive gone and screwed up my STB by loading a corrupt channel list. Now all I get is an error code of 111A on the STB display but I cant access the settings to do a factory reset, nor can I use Dtslink to reload the Channel list , I just get a connection error in Dtslink. Ive tried disconecting the power for over an hour but it hasnt helped. The box itself does nothing anymore it doesnt send a picture to TV and I cant even turn it to and from standby. Anyone have any ideas as to how I might get it back or is it a job for an engineer?

As always, any help appreciated

sat novice

sat novice

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500 Super,SG2100,Raven 90 cm,42east to 30west,36" of CRT,Freeview from Crystal Palace,6.1 surround,Custom PC,Wireless network.
My Location
Birth Place of Radio
Hi howc
are you using a pc,a null modem lead and the latest technomate dtslink software to update the channel list,or linking up with another box with the null modem lead?.

H

howc

My Satellite Setup
Penta 85 Alloy Dish
Moteck SG2100 motor
dm800HD Receiver
DM500s Receiver
also
Gemini 90 Dish
Stab HH120 Motor
Smart Titanium LNB
My Location
Surrey/Hampshire
Hi Sat Novice

Im using a pc, null modem lead and dtslink from Technomates web site. I know Ive uploaded a duff channel list, its half the size of the correct list. I just wasnt thinking when I did it. Unfortunately Dtslink and the STB didnt see any errors and installed it "sucessfully".

M

meldrew

My Location
North West
I apologise in advance for not being very helpful here. First a call to Technomate themselves might put you on the right track. However, what was the need for this operation? I usually just ask the receiver to find new channels and let it get on with it.

Meldrew

K

kalamar

I TOTALLY AGREE with Mildew (mold?) let the box do the walkin ! the factory is your only hope.

H

howc

My Satellite Setup
Penta 85 Alloy Dish
Moteck SG2100 motor
dm800HD Receiver
DM500s Receiver
also
Gemini 90 Dish
Stab HH120 Motor
Smart Titanium LNB
My Location
Surrey/Hampshire
Sorry for not responding sooner. I did contact Technomate as soon as I could last Monday , they immediately offered to swap the box and I got the new one on Thursday, pretty good service if you as me.

As for my reasons to do a channel update in the first place, well there are 2 reasons:

1) When I do a rescan for new channels I land up with lots of duplicate channels.
2) Unless im mistaken the only way to add transponders to the box is to manually input them with the remote.

I was finding that I was missing many transponders and channels so what I was doing was to upload Pet123's Channel list to keep things upto date with a minimal number of duplicate channels.

If anybodys got a better idea then id be interested to hear what you do.

Howc

M

meldrew

My Location
North West
Give an example of a missing channel and transponder and I will
check to see if my auto update has picked it up.

H

howc

My Satellite Setup
Penta 85 Alloy Dish
Moteck SG2100 motor
dm800HD Receiver
DM500s Receiver
also
Gemini 90 Dish
Stab HH120 Motor
Smart Titanium LNB
My Location
Surrey/Hampshire
Hi Meldrew

Sorry Ive been busy elsewhere and havent had a chance to look at the forum If it helps, transponder 12637 H 14465 on Sirus 2 (5E) was not listed on my STB, it carries Viasat, TV1000 and Viasat explorer. I wasnt recieving any of them and doing an auto search didnt help either. I had to manually add the transponder and then do a search then the box picked them up immediately.

Meldrew if you know another way to add transponders then please let me know. How do I do an auto update? What does everyone else do ?