Technomate 6000 series DVR format

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hey all,

Does anyone know what format the DVR function in this series of Technomates records onto an external USB device?

I tried to copy a file recorded onto my memorystick over to my Mac from my TM6900, but Quicktime was not happy to playback the recording. I would initially think it was Mpeg2, Mpeg4 or H264 but non seems to be correct...

With all the best wishes of a happy Christmas,

F

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
I'm not familiar with the Technomate 6000 series but I have one of the 5000 series and the recorded files are in Transport Stream format (".ts" file extension).

On a Windows PC, Media Player Classic will play back ".ts" files. VLC Media Player is also supposed to be able to play back the files too but I've not yet tried it. There's a version for the Mac so you might want to give it a go and see if it works...

http://www.videolan.org/vlc

Your alternative option is to try and find some Mac software that can convert Transport Stream files to regular MPEG or AVI files.

flashgordon1952

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky amstrad and panasonic systems 6 pack setup. two 42cm dishes.just ordered a technomate 6900HD with motorised system one metre dish. also at another address.twin feed static 80 mm dish non digital system. 6 year old dell with server memory 680 of
My Location
essex in the wilds somewhere
i gather yu are not the only person who has asked this question i know that yu have to,when transfering the files to pc convert it to another format that the pc can read. i too have just ordered this reciever. strange the reciever does not download onto HDD through the USB a format thats is wellknown maybe this is because they didnot want to pay a license fee. (trade mark) ??