jetkis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate twin tuner 7100HD
Motorised Fracarro Penta 85cm
Don't have Sky
My Location
Oxford
Can anyone shed any light please on why I only seem to get two programs (if I'm lucky) showing per channel on the EPG. This is very frustrating when I'm trying to record a program that might be on later in the evening.

For instance if I'm trying to record Match of the Day which is on late in the evening at 5pm when there may be about 4 programs on before MOTD. All it says is 'No Information' past the second program.

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Most receivers only give you now & next. If you want full epg then the easiest way to get it is via a Sky box or a proper Freesat box. These services carry their own proprietary multi day epg services. Only now & next is carried on the individual channels.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Ypu have to use 3rd party TV guides, and then set the timings manually.

eg _http://www.tvguide.co.uk/

Not quite (or not even close to) Sky+ or Freesat+ but it works.

World-of-Satellite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4K
GiGaBlue UHD Qaud 4K
GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K
VU+ Zero 4K
My Location
UK
If you want a receiver with a decent EPG your best looking at Linux Enigma 2 receivers like the VU+ Duo and Solo

Below are screenshots of EPG you could expect to get ;)

world-of-satellite-albums-screenshots-picture32323-2nd-infobar.jpg

world-of-satellite-albums-screenshots-picture32324-bouquets.png

world-of-satellite-albums-screenshots-picture32325-epg.jpg

jetkis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate twin tuner 7100HD
Motorised Fracarro Penta 85cm
Don't have Sky
My Location
Oxford
Thanks for the prompt replies. At least now I know it's not a fault which was my first thought.

When browsing some features on one of the suppliers websites it does say;

The EPG supports now/next as well as 7-day DVB schedules and can be switched between two modes. In the first, details of the programme currently being broadcast by the selected channel plus five consecutive ones are displayed. You can jump forward and back through the schedules. (Explained in your replies).

However, this bit is not correct as in this mode it does only show now & next.
"In the second mode, the EPG focuses on a single channel. Here, up to six forthcoming programmes are listed on-screen, and it's easy to scroll through the list or select another day."

Thanks for your help.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The missing info is that, whilst your Receiver (along with most others) can cope with 7 days of EPG Data, that Data is not actually sent by the various Broadcasters. Now & Next is most common, but many Channels send zilch. A few German Channels do send several days worth, though.

ie You cannot receive what is not there, but if it is there, you can receive it!

Whatever Data is sent does so along with the Audio/Video of the relevant Channel(s) , so bandwidth is one limiting factor.

For "Platforms" eg Sky, Freesat etc, the comprehensive EPG Data is sent in one big stream from a dedicated "Default" Transponder. Your TM cannot deal with that as it isn't licensed to (and, ergo, is not designed to).

roaduser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mvision HD-270CN Sly oval and 80cm through Diseqc for astra 28.2 and 19.2. Technomate 6900 combo and Metronic for other rooms. Optical Audio for 5.1 through Technics receiver.
My Location
Lincolnshire
well blow me, i was just about to post the exact quesion. annoying isnt it as my TM combo HD is great and sees now and next my little metronic freesat box connected to my 21 inch 10 year old telly upstairs has a better EPG.

damn and blast !

Eusebius Punz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefrontier 30" W - 28,2" E
My Location
Oberndorf

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
^^^^^^
The Post you replied to is from over six years ago! :)