Technomate and CAS

andreast

Reaction score
Just wanted to know where a good starting point is. Have a technomate 5500cip, I believe it maust have some software installed and as I could viuew TPS. I can go to CAS on the menu and see hex tables, but wanted to know how to understand what they relate to.
So a starting site would be appreciated. I hope this garbbled message makes sense.
Apologies if I have posted to the wrong forum
Thanks
A

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may need to wait for a software upgrade before viewing TPS again, as it is not a key change.

frenchchesse

Reaction score
hello

I have also a technomate 5500 CI Plus with 2 empty slots and I'm wondering it's normal maybe the reciever is built with a cam inside, I don't even know ?
I used to receive tps 2 weeks ago but now i don't.
I don't understand what does mean hex code
Do u have any CAM (viacess) or smart card ?

Fab

andreast said:
Just wanted to know where a good starting point is. Have a technomate 5500cip, I believe it maust have some software installed and as I could viuew TPS. I can go to CAS on the menu and see hex tables, but wanted to know how to understand what they relate to.
So a starting site would be appreciated. I hope this garbbled message makes sense.
Apologies if I have posted to the wrong forum
Thanks
A

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
frenchchesse said:
hello

I have also a technomate 5500 CI Plus with 2 empty slots and I'm wondering it's normal maybe the reciever is built with a cam inside, I don't even know ?
I used to receive tps 2 weeks ago but now i don't.
I don't understand what does mean hex code
Do u have any CAM (viacess) or smart card ?

Fab
you may well have a patched reciver,you can tell if you go to your menus and there is a cas menu you have got a patched receiver.what is it you want to watch maybe we can help

stevo

frenchchesse

Reaction score
frenchchesse said:
bonjour,

what does it mean patched receiver ? i want to watch french channels like TPS programm, TF1, FRANCE 2 ............
on the menu it's written (for CAS) : S*ca, viaccess, irdeto/betacrypt/nagravision
version loader L.4.0
Do i need to buy a CAM (viaccess 2) and a smart card
i don't know what do do

FAB from swindon

andreast

Reaction score
stevo said:
you may well have a patched reciver,you can tell if you go to your menus and there is a cas menu you have got a patched receiver.what is it you want to watch maybe we can help

stevo
OK so we have concluded that we have a patched receiver, any starters, that is to say what is a good way for me to find out more information on this ssubject.

Also is it worth waiting for a software upgrade if so where can I get info on this?, or shoudl I go for some sort of magic cam solution.

The idea is that I want to open up some of teh TPS channels on hotbird, and the premier football.

Thanks a lot for the help
Rgds
A

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
andreast said:
OK so we have concluded that we have a patched receiver, any starters, that is to say what is a good way for me to find out more information on this ssubject.

Also is it worth waiting for a software upgrade if so where can I get info on this?, or shoudl I go for some sort of magic cam solution.

The idea is that I want to open up some of teh TPS channels on hotbird, and the premier football.

Thanks a lot for the help
Rgds
A
at the moment with your patched reciver,you can watch mutivision 8 im sure that is still showing football on hot bird,kiosk 1 to 10 on 1 west,some good films plus 2 adult chaneels,plus more,do u know how to put new keys in?are u on a fixed dish or moterised?,what do u mean or shoudl I go for some sort of magic cam solution.we can only help if you tell us your set up.you have a cam emulator built in which is good as a magic cam

regards stevo

neovo

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
HI I also have technomate 5500ci super with joe fields patch v3.
Is there a new patch yet or software tools update keys via pc.
thanks!!!

andreast

Reaction score
Stevo sorry about the lack of clarity I am just getting to grips with all of this but it is starting to make sense.

OK here is what I know so far.

1. I can get into the CAS menu and change key but still unsure what I am doing there.

2.Not sure of the version of the software that is being used, (but I was told it was something to do with Joes Patch - and was the most recent version)

3. The system is a technomate 5500CIP,

4. The Dish is motorised

5. When I said Magic CAM I was thinking along the lines of using one of the CAM slots and buying a CAM, but from what you say this is not the way forward. But in an earlier posting by Rolfw, said that may need to wait for software upgrade, any idea how I can find out the version that is on there?

Thanks for the help so far, bit of a steep learning curve at present.

Cheers
A

stevo said:
at the moment with your patched reciver,you can watch mutivision 8 im sure that is still showing football on hot bird,kiosk 1 to 10 on 1 west,some good films plus 2 adult chaneels,plus more,do u know how to put new keys in?are u on a fixed dish or moterised?,what do u mean or shoudl I go for some sort of magic cam solution.we can only help if you tell us your set up.you have a cam emulator built in which is good as a magic cam

regards stevo

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
andreast said:
Stevo sorry about the lack of clarity I am just getting to grips with all of this but it is starting to make sense.

OK here is what I know so far.

1. I can get into the CAS menu and change key but still unsure what I am doing there.

2.Not sure of the version of the software that is being used, (but I was told it was something to do with Joes Patch - and was the most recent version)

3. The system is a technomate 5500CIP,

4. The Dish is motorised

5. When I said Magic CAM I was thinking along the lines of using one of the CAM slots and buying a CAM, but from what you say this is not the way forward. But in an earlier posting by Rolfw, said that may need to wait for software upgrade, any idea how I can find out the version that is on there?

Thanks for the help so far, bit of a steep learning curve at present.

Cheers
A
hello again mate,patched means you have a built in cam,so with a few keys u shuld be able to watch tv straight away:multivision 8 man u and west brom are playing now as im typing,you can get this,plus if u you can get conax keys u can watch 8 ppv film channels & 2 adult channels,many more mate,you cant do software upgrade yet cause there aint 1 yet,if you want me to talk you though putting keys in mate pm me and i will get you waching tv today.

andreast

Reaction score
stevo said:
hello again mate,patched means you have a built in cam,so with a few keys u shuld be able to watch tv straight away:multivision 8 man u and west brom are playing now as im typing,you can get this,plus if u you can get conax keys u can watch 8 ppv film channels & 2 adult channels,many more mate,you cant do software upgrade yet cause there aint 1 yet,if you want me to talk you though putting keys in mate pm me and i will get you waching tv today.
Thanks for this, I did try to pM you but the system does not allow me, there are already codes in there, for most of the encryption systems.

Will have a play and get back to you.

What is a bit confusing is that I did have a look at the RDI sat website you guys recommend, but apart from code being there underneath the HEX there is a line of noremal numbers (base 10 I assume), any ideas what these are.

Thanks again for the help
Rgds
A

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
andreast said:
Thanks for this, I did try to pM you but the system does not allow me, there are already codes in there, for most of the encryption systems.

Will have a play and get back to you.

What is a bit confusing is that I did have a look at the RDI sat website you guys recommend, but apart from code being there underneath the HEX there is a line of noremal numbers (base 10 I assume), any ideas what these are.

Thanks again for the help
Rgds
A
no no idea mate,have a look at mutivision 8 there is a football match on right now,or u can try 1 west i have the lattest keys for that also keys for multi 8 thats if its not working already

andreast

Reaction score
stevo said:
no no idea mate,have a look at mutivision 8 there is a football match on right now,or u can try 1 west i have the lattest keys for that also keys for multi 8 thats if its not working already
Thanks again, I take it the match is Aston Villa v Man City (in French), which I can see.

My receiver doesn't seem to distinguish between Mutlivision channels it calls them all multivision, is this the case, and if so do you just rename them manually.

I could also see a channel called English Prem, which was working till last week but now that is scrambled, but at least one is working.

(All on Hotbird).

Thanks again for the help far, enjoy the football.

Rgds
A

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
do you wanna swing that dish round to 1 west go into the cas menu under

conax,new key 23, edit keys put new key 23,there you go mate,

stevo

andreast

Reaction score
stevo said:
do you wanna swing that dish round to 1 west go into the cas menu under

conax,new key 23, edit keys put new key 23,there you go mate,

stevo
Sorry think I ran before I could walk, 1 W represents which satellite?/ Channel?

Do not have new key 23 ??

Possible for you to email it to me?

Thanks again
A

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
andreast said:
Sorry think I ran before I could walk, 1 W represents which satellite?/ Channel?

Thanks again
A
yes give us your email i will send u key 23,

steve

andreast

Reaction score
andreast said:

Thanks again
A
Got it 1W is THOR, have not been there even though it is set up, what can I pick up there?

Thanks
A

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
andreast said:

Thanks again
A
not a problem put your email address up and will send.

andreast

Reaction score
stevo said:
not a problem put your email address up and will send.
There u go

One further question used codes from rdi yesterday and nothing happerned.
I assume that you just type them in, and don't need to do anything on the receiver side. Correct?

Thanks again
A

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
andreast said:
There u go

One further question used codes from rdi yesterday and nothing happerned.
I assume that you just type them in, and don't need to do anything on the receiver side. Correct?

Thanks again
A
got it mate u can edit your post now and take it off,will send email now.