Technomate or Dreambox?

peter_gp

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'd like to get a nice digital box I can use to watch a few encypted channels - such as Premiere Sport for the F1.

Looking at others peoples posts, Technomate and Dreambox seem to be talked about a lot.

I know you can get a Technomate 5000 CI with an Irdeto Cam, a few Funcards and a Funcard programmer for around £230 or a Dreambox for £324.

Would I be better sticking with the Dreambox rather than messing on with cards and programming?

Would I be able to get a good range of channels with either box?

Would there be any problems with channels changing encryptions?

In other words, what do you think is best?

Thanks guys.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry Peter, your post appeared to be overlooked. If you are a relative newbie, i would probably recommend going for the technomate setup, the Dreambox is still at a beta stage on much of it's software, although longer term it may be a better bet.

davorau

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Australia/Europe
Dreambox is the best selling set top box now and its fantastic. It uses Linux OS which makes it easy to upgrade, opens almost everything and the most important thing no cards and modules needed.

Just buy it you wont regret!

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
I wouldnt trust anything from 'Dream' anymore.B'strds killed my magic cam and lots of others too )(-red )(-red )(-red

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Originally posted by davorau
They didnt kill it. Providers are those who killed it :D

Wrong...The penta software is what killed my (and many other) cam.My cam wasnt even in my receiver, but as soon as i put it back in it was dead straight away :mad:
Ushtar and the rest of the cowboys have a lot to answer for if they did this deliberately )(-red