Technomate - satellites missing from list

Mike212

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI plus with 80cm dish and TM2100A Diseqc 1.2 / USALS motor
My Location
Surrey
I have a Technomate 1500CI+ matched to an 80cm dish and this weekend have installed a TM2100A motor.

I am particularly interested in receiving Russian language channels and at 'lyngsat.com' there appears to be a fairly good choice on satellites Sirius, Hotbird, Amos 1 and Eutelsat W4. As an amateur I think I have done pretty well up to date getting everything fitted and working, but have fallen at the last hurdle.

My box recognises (and motors to / gets good signals from) Hotbird and Sirius (as well as a few others) but Amos 1 (at 4W) and Eutelsat W4 (at 36E) are not on the list and I can't find a way to add them to it. Per usual the manual is pretty much useless....

Any help appreciated (on the above or any other ideas too) to expand my Russian channel line up.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Mike212

Firstly I suggest you use the forum search and input russian channels and read all the available threads but I do not think you stand a chance of Amos1 you will need a minimum of 1.2 mtr dish see here. As regards 36East what channels are you trying to get there?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Amos 1 needs nearer a 3.5m dish in the UK :D

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Yes AS is correct sorry it is Amos2 I get on my 1.2mtr dish

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The OP has no hope with W4 either - thats firing into Asiatic Russia not western Europe

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
( I'm interested in receiving Russian channels / Per usual the manual is pretty much useless...)

As a matter of fact the manual is very good but it can't explain everything that owners want to know.

Your on the right course with Hotbird and Sirius but also try Express AM22 at 53 east as they have some good FTA Russian channels.
You should be able to pick it up with your 80cm dish.:)

As already stated Amos and W4 at 36 east are out of your range.