Technomate TM-1000 D - Good choice or bad choice??

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
I am wanting to know whether I have made a good choice or not on choosing the Technomate TM-1000 D Satellite Receiver (patched)?? (I want honest opinions)

If not, is they any way I can get the very best out of it.. (e.g. adding stuff to it - CAMS, slots etc...??)

H

Happy-Buddah

As far as a fta receiver is concerned it is just as good as any of the other Technomate fta receivers that I have had, good value for money, but the blind scan facility is useless, too slow.
H-B

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
As HB says the blind search is crap (no good for feed hunting) but apart from that it's an excellent FTA receiver. Very user friendly and without a doubt the best receiver I've used.
If you want cams, slots, etc, I would recommend the Technomate TM-1500ci+ which for about £30 extra gives you a smart card reader, a common interface, and that is one bloody bargin.

All of the 1000 range (1000,1500, & 1600) can be patched, well worth it.

PS: New software should soon be available to fix the slow blind search problem.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
Rob said:
As HB says the blind search is crap (no good for feed hunting) but apart from that it's an excellent FTA receiver. Very user friendly and without a doubt the best receiver I've used.

PS: New software should soon be available to fix the slow blind search problem.

:) Was just about to order one of the Blind Search range. Had a 5000D for years, good receiver with a very sensitive tuner.

From what has been said above the 'blind' part don't sound too good. Having a Dreambox etc, I was going to buy a TM only for the feedhunting part and imagined the blind scan would be a great 'add' for me.

When you say 'crap' and 'slow', does it do the job in the end. For instance, roughly how long does it take to scan W2 @ 16e.

You replies would be a great help to me.

Thanks ;) lovelyperson

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thers no CI slots on it so dont think about adding cams to it.( Theres a blanking plate with nothing behind it.)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
lovelyperson said:
:) Was just about to order one of the Blind Search range. Had a 5000D for years, good receiver with a very sensitive tuner.

From what has been said above the 'blind' part don't sound too good. Having a Dreambox etc, I was going to buy a TM only for the feedhunting part and imagined the blind scan would be a great 'add' for me.

Have a look in "Receiver Reviews" the_wizzz gives an excellent review of the 1000 range of Technomate receivers.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
Rob said:
Have a look in "Receiver Reviews" the_wizzz gives an excellent review of the 1000 range of Technomate receivers.

:) Thanks, as you say 'excellent'. Guess I will buy, got plenty of time to fiddle.

Be safe.

;) lovelyperson