Website
www.studyenglishintheuk.com
My Satellite Setup
Ferguson Digibox & Mini dish - Arion AF-1700EC & 80 cm dish
Computer Setup? a couple of PCs and a few Laptos
My Location
UK
Hi all,

I just got into satellites and I'm already looking for my next receiver :)

I read some reviews for Technomate TM-1500CI+ and I'm very impressed, however, I'm somehow disapointed with the luck of people producing software for the receiver.

I own an ARION AF-1700EC, the receiver has its limitations but I found that there is plenty of software available out there, mostly thanks to all the clones.

If I had to buy a receiver at this moment in time I would go for a receiver that is easy to upgrade and the Technomate TM-1500CI might be an excellent unit but it would not be in my shopping list.

I'd like to know what other more experience people think about this issue.

Salvador

the_wizzz

Slightly biased Technomate Seller
Reaction score
of course there are patches for technomate...just search for them or go to alsat.co.uk!

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
salvador said:
I'm somehow disapointed with the luck of people producing software for the receiver.

Hi salvador, I'm somewhat puzzled with the above statement, can you please explain because I'm a little on the slow side.:confused

I have been using this software for the last five months and have been very happy with it.

Thanks
Rob

salvador

Reaction score
Website
www.studyenglishintheuk.com
My Satellite Setup
Ferguson Digibox & Mini dish - Arion AF-1700EC & 80 cm dish
Computer Setup? a couple of PCs and a few Laptos
My Location
UK
Rob,

What I meant was that it seems to me that only one company develops software for this stb. Everybody points me to alsat.co.uk but what can you do when this site is down or may even go altogether.

I'm still a newbie at this but I know that software for my stb is produced by several companies / people. There are Russian's, Polish's Turkish's Greek's, Korean's versions of the software and you can get hold of them in several places. All that is good news when it comes to upgrade your stb.

Perhaps, there are more versions of the software that I haven't found yet.

Salvador

vienna123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Always bet on black.
My Location
Vienna, Austra
Laural's also has quite a bit of software for TM1500CI+.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
salvador said:
Rob,

What I meant was that it seems to me that only one company develops software for this stb. Everybody points me to alsat.co.uk but what can you do when this site is down or may even go altogether.

I'm still a newbie at this but I know that software for my stb is produced by several companies / people. There are Russian's, Polish's Turkish's Greek's, Korean's versions of the software and you can get hold of them in several places. All that is good news when it comes to upgrade your stb.

Perhaps, there are more versions of the software that I haven't found yet.Salvador

See what you mean now, and yes you are right. There is Turkish software available for the Technomate but as yet I have not heard of any more. I would think that their will soon be more s/w as these receivers are still fairly new, and people will start writing new s/w for them.
What confused me with your orginal post was that you said "I'm somehow disappointed with the LUCK (Lack) of people producing software............."
I assume you meant lack.:-doh! See how easy it is to confuse me.:D

@ vienna123, I think you will find that the software on Laurals and a few other sites is supplied by Alsat.

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
anyone know whats happening to alsat cant get into site to get tm1500 patch

the_wizzz

Slightly biased Technomate Seller
Reaction score
you have to enter username/password due to extra security...

alsat
alsat

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
When I try to enter the alsat web-page I'm prompted for password and user name, but where can one sign-up?

malnik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None...yet
My Location
Bedfordshire, UK
Thats what you put in on the entry page....
Password: alsat
pin:alsat

Took me while....but if you actually read the page behind it says put that in the box. Its to stop any machines hacking the site.

On a seperate issue. i cant find anything for the 1500 on the site. Am i looking in the wrong place?

Mal

rossy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
malnik said:
Thats what you put in on the entry page....
Password: alsat
pin:alsat

Took me while....but if you actually read the page behind it says put that in the box. Its to stop any machines hacking the site.

On a seperate issue. i cant find anything for the 1500 on the site. Am i looking in the wrong place?

Mal

Depends where you are looking.
If you look in the technomate section there is plenty of stuff on the 1500
cheers

leoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate tm5000ci
My Location
uk
hi , I am leo.need software for upgread my reciver technomate TM5000ci.pls let me knows where are find that.
thankyou .leo,manchester

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
I have been typing in my user name etc an getting the white screen for weeks.
Easy with a bit of help, thanks.