Technomate Tm-5500 Daci - Assistance Required

DippytheDish

Reaction score
My Location
Suffolk/Essex border
I have a Technomate TM-5500 DACI receiver but it seems to have less than a 1,000 channel capacity. If I were to download the latest software would it increase the channel capacity of the receiver and is it easy to do please?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Correct me if I'm wrong but you should be able to get 3500 channels with the 5500 series.
These will also include radio channels (I think) so it might be a good idea to delete all radio channels (if not required).
I don't think downloading the latest software will increase the channel capacity, but it is still recommended, and it is not that hard to do. Look at Technomate user manual for instructions.
Hope this is of some help
Rob

PS. Dippy love the avatar m8

RedAltoGL

Now leaving, thanks all.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LNB, Dish, Motor, Cable, Receivers all taken down and donated to a newbie.
My Location
London
Delete all the transponders that show strength but low quality ie 20% and also delete all the radio channels as mentioned by Rob. You can easily fill up the memory with non active transponders.

regards Redmund

DippytheDish

Reaction score
My Location
Suffolk/Essex border
I don't have a manual for this receiver. I have a large dish with 2 lnbs - one directed at Hotbird 13 E and the other at Astra 19 E. If I scan for channels and saved data for one satellite and then scan the 2nd satellite, it looses all the data for the first satellite. Do you know why this is please?

RedAltoGL

Now leaving, thanks all.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LNB, Dish, Motor, Cable, Receivers all taken down and donated to a newbie.
My Location
London
You could have a look at the technomate site and see if there is a download of the handbook.

_http://www.technomate.com/products2.php
look at your PM later
regards Redmund

Stephen W

Reaction score
My Location
Norfolk
I have a Technomate 5500 DACI for my motorised system and have currently over 3,000 channels (TV and radio) on it. Before doing a re-scan I delete all channels and redundant transponders on the particular satellite which usually produces a clean scan. The absence of a properly detailed manual is about the only minus point I can find with this receiver.