technomate tm5000 dapci

steve74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5000adpci , motorised, trex cam , magic cam, variouse - os xp, linux,solaris10
My Location
LANCS
I've got this reciever & when I put it in standby ( as the dts loader prog suggests ) ,& connect via a laptop the loader reads the h/w & s/w status ok , but when I try & upload channel llistings it comes up with an error message sugesting that either the DTSloader isn't the right version , the rs232 cable isn't plugged in or the rx isn't in stndby mode.The loader is the latest one from tech.mate's site & I've tried sedning them an e-mail but had no responce . Has anyone out there had the same problem & managed to overcome it ??? ( not the e-mail deadness prob !) .

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Hi steve74,
Common mistake is people try to load the 5000ci channel listings into a 500dacpi and this doesn't work.
Make sure you have the correct listings.
Put your TM in standby
Also check cable. Usually a Null Modem cable is needed.

The Technomate 5000 DACPI is a great box of tricks..Just brought one myself. But their known for lacking Tech Support. Are well can't have it all....

nobbly

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
But their known for lacking Tech Support

But not now we have Nobbly on the case

I was tempted to get one here, so Ill be keeping an eye open for help

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
FORGET tech support C H, Firstly they need too write a Manual.

But after a few days FARGIN about with mine, ive decided its good RECIEVER, "NOT GREAT" menu exiting is a real pain, suppose after Strong 4375, and its ease of use, ive got a level which is hard too
copy, but for price £229 (its a good bargain for 36v)